Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie saying Alreet!!

T8 said:
Millsy71 said:
Oh.....and to upset X% of you already.......... im getting a Vert 8) 8)

Using the word 'vert' is enough to upset me. :nooo:

I'd never spoken/typed or even heard of that would till I looked on hear.

I shall quite happily reVERT to my previous calling of 'Cabby" :thumbs:

Millsy71 said:

That statement had me worried for a moment but I've just had a quick search myself and am very pleased to report that on the rare occasion it's appeared it's nearly always been used by newbies and/or with reference to BMWs.

'Phew' :)

Millsy71 said:
Yes I know it's a proper hairdresser's car but what the hell....and it's sort of part of the plan of getting one so the wife will drive it and I won't get a billowing when she finds out how much I've spent !!

Is the 'S" the same tax and Insurance group?

Got a it of a sticking point with the Auto/Manuel.

I'd prefer a manual but she wants an Auto....and you know who always wins these things....

LOL mate don't listen to em, Cab is the ONLY way to go. They are magic cars - definitely try and get and S. About 4 months ago I got my 997 Cab - black on black on black - it's magic. It drives and handles like a Dream and yep on a nice day, drop the hood and it's as good again!
I've had 4 x 911s, all been Cabs (2s and 4s) - just to much fun, why change to something more boring ???? !!! :grin: :thumb: :floor:

That said I don't let the wife anywhere near mine - it's an absolute beast when you floor it !!! Plus she'd scuff the fkkk out of the rims !!!! :nooo:

T8 said:
Millsy71 said:

That statement had me worried for a moment but I've just had a quick search myself and am very pleased to report that on the rare occasion it's appeared it's nearly always been used by newbies and/or with reference to BMWs.

'Phew' :)

:floor: :floor: well there was the couple of references to perVERT used in the Brexit threads :floor: :hand:

Hi !!!
I got a 997 C4S last week great car makes you feel special....

Hi Milsy71 and welcome!

Where are you? There is a healthy and friendly group of 911UK ers here in the north east. We also enjoy a warm relationship with PGBOC, many of us members there too.

Great amount of knowledge over a wide range of Porsche cars within our NE circle and more so on this forum.

If a cab is heard of that may be coming up for sale, will let you know. What's your budget?

Cheers, Keith.

Welcome Milsy71 :thumbs:

:agree:

Great bunch in the NE and 911uk in general :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Millsy Welcome

Just picked up my second 4s cab about two hours ago so might I say nice choice. See if you can get yourself in an S otherwise you might end up wanting to upgrade before you know it!

Thefinn said:
Hi Millsy Welcome

Just picked up my second 4s cab about two hours ago so might I say nice choice. See if you can get yourself in an S otherwise you might end up wanting to upgrade before you know it!

When are you starting the thread??

So now it looks like I'm looking for a C4s Cabby :D

I can think of worse problems to have. !!

Looking around the 26k mark so yes it'll be an early one.

I'm up I'm Killingworth Keith so not far away at all!!

Welcome to the forum.

Manual all day long!!!!

Happy hunting

:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. I thought it was only M3 owners who called their cars verts.

MC

So.............Stage 1 is complete.

Ive just sold my 1984 Audi quattro,which ive owned for 20 years :eek:

Still a bit shell shocked i actually parted with it but its gone back to its original owner!!

Im quite happy about that part :D makes it easier to bear

Now the hunt is on

Can i ask peoples opinion on this one................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...AWD/132371011837?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Seems to be an ok spec!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back