Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dinslaken Porschefreunde Event 2018

T8

Super Moderator
Information for those that haven't been before.

Next year will be the 17th annual Porschefreunde meeting and as always it will take place at the Dinslaken Trabrennbahn Showground on 1st May - the traditional German Labour Day holiday.

In 2018 that day falls on a Tuesday and does not coincide with the UK Bank Holiday Weekend.

The event is, quite simply, a meeting of Porsche owners from all over Europe. There are trade stands but for the most part it's just an opportunity for Porsche fans to look at other peoples Porsches. Typically there's over 2000 there at any point during the day with some arriving and leaving early and some not getting there until the afternoon. How long you spend there is up to you - four or five hours is pretty typical.

When I first heard of the event the crowd that had been recommended the Tryp CentrO Hotel in Oberhausen as an ideal base as it is only 13 miles from the showground and offers great value for money and secure parking right opposite a wide selection of bars and restaurants in the CentrO park. I've stayed there for the last four years and for the last two years 911uk virtually took the place over for 2 nights.

It's likely that various groups will end up planning various different trips next year but for those that haven't yet thought about it I've made some suggestions below.

Doing it in a day.

The direct route from Calais to the Dinslaken showground is 250 miles and will take around four hours to drive. Anybody going to the show for the first time would probably want to spend at least 3 hours there so doing it in a day would be a very long day out. UK Northerners might like to know that it's 131 miles (2 hours) from Rotterdam after arrival on the ferry from Hull.

The best 2-day option would be to travel on the Monday to a local hotel and do the show on the Tuesday making the journey home straight afterwards.

For most a 3-day trip is more comfortable whereby the journey out could be done on day 1, the show attended on Day 2 and the journey home done on Day 3. Next year this would be a Monday to Wednesday tour.

The great thing about doing the trip on a more relaxed itinerary is that a decent stop at a scenic French or Belgian city would be possible en route or perhaps a 30 mile detour could be made to the superb Classic Remise at Dusseldorf. It's open every day from 8am (10am on Sundays) to 8pm and admission is free. Allow 2 hours for a first visit.

For those looking to combine the show with something else a little more significant Dinslaken is only 104 miles from The Nurburgring so if you fancy a couple of Touristfahren laps it's less than 2 hours away. The roads and Eifel Forest scenery around the area are superb.

A bit further afield is the Porsche Museum at Zuffenhausen, near Stuttgart. From Oberhausen or Dinslaken it would take about 4 hours to cover the 261 miles to get there. Of course for an extended stay the scenic Black Forest (50 miles from Stuttgart) is fantastic and the roads form part of petrol-head heaven.

There's already been some discussion about the various itineraries on the Road Trip Sub-Forum so if you're thinking of going you may want to take a look.

See Here => Dinslaken 2018. Early planning/thoughts re. itineraries etc.

See Here for the latest posts on the subject => Countdown to Dinslaken

Thanks for posting that T8 its on my list just trying juggle all the balls with other comments :thumb:

I've just realised that I didn't include ticket information in my first post.

Tickets for the show can be purchased in advance at a cost of 25 Euros for a Porsche and two occupants.

As he has for the last two years 911uk's Tour Partner 'fasttracktours.co.uk' aka 'longers' will be liaising on our behalf with the organisers and arranging our own specific infield parking area. He will also be providing a facility whereby we can order from him (avoiding extra p&p charges).

Discussion on the other thread, and elsewhere, points to next years event being a big one on the 911uk calendar.

The hotel of choice for the night before the show is definitely the Tryp CentrO at Oberhausen and the general consensus is that we will invade 'The Pagoda' buffet restaurant on the night of Monday 30th April.

I have booked the hotel for monday and tues night and won't be eating for two days before going to the pagoda, bloody lovely food.
just trying to decide whether to wear lederhosen again or mankini. :D :D

Phil 997 said:
I have booked the hotel for monday and tues night and won't be eating for two days before going to the pagoda, bloody lovely food.

You've done the LH to death Phil, perhaps an ideal opportunity to go full Borat ;)

ELA said:
Phil 997 said:

You've done the LH to death Phil, perhaps an ideal opportunity to go full Borat ;)

It won't be a pretty sight mate :floor: greenpeace will be trying to drag me to deeper water :grin: :grin:

easternjets said:
Glad this has come up as it's on my to do list. :D

Nick which is on your to do list the lederhosen or the mankini. :floor: :floor:

I was just thinking of what to wear on a lads weekend away, the only trouble with the 'Banana Hammock' aka Mankini is that attracts too many 'ladies', so i'll probably go with the leather look for 2018.

Attachments

• borat_banana_hammock_girls_192.jpg
    borat_banana_hammock_girls_192.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 5,198
easternjets said:
I was just thinking of what to wear on a lads weekend away, the only trouble with the 'Banana Hammock' aka Mankini is that attracts too many 'ladies', so i'll probably go with the leather look for 2018.

:floor: :floor: agreed Nick we wouldn't want to be attracting the ladies would we :grin: :grin: :)

Really enjoyed it last year it was such a laugh so just booked the Tryp for 2018

:grin:

Thread 'bumped' as discussion about the various itineraries etc has started to gather pace.

See here => Tour Planning has started

Thinking this is the look we need :floor: :floor: :floor:

And yes I know I know before any of you lot say it, theres not any difference for me than last year :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• s_l1600_544.jpg
    s_l1600_544.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 5,062
  • phil_with_trophy_990.jpg
    phil_with_trophy_990.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 5,060

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member