Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wheel hubs showing signs of surface corrosion

dombo

As the title suggests, the wheel hubs on my 996 are showing signs of corrosion adjacent to the discs. Is this an easy fix? It looks like they are just painted, so is it just a question of sanding back the rust and repainting?
Thanks for any advice.

I presume you mean the brake disc bell and not the hub. If so, yes. I did mine black with Hammerite as the grey looks poo.

pzFUAN2.jpg

Thanks. Alex that black looks great btw.
I've just realised it's an integral part of the disc, and rears are being replaced soon anyway so problem solved :)

I've used Hammerite black on rear discs before, but a 911 would probably require high temp caliper paint. No big deal.

I have had good results with a basic steel wheels rattle can. Unaffected by temperature, even the Alps in summer, and very quick to do. Part of the annual cleaning cycle.

Used VHT grey paint on mine looks OEM colour, also did visible parts of exhaust system under rear PU to good effect with it . Had it via well known internet auction site :D

Black makes them virtually 'invisible' so the eye is not distracted away from the cool stuff: cross drilled discs, Brembo calipers & Porsche alloys :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back