Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phone holder options please

Grey996

My old one has broken but it was one that stuck to the windscreen which I never liked so I need a new one. My wife has a great one that goes into the cd slot but that's not an option, I've bought a sticky pad but that's not very good and I can't seem to find a good one to go into the air vent.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Brodit are worth a look, they do a variety of mounts for most cars and most handsets. I have one that clips over the air vent and adjusts to any angle. I've had them in every car for years and haven't broken one yet.

Store mine here :)

phone_in_pocket__3579981k.jpg

K888ETH said:
Brodit are worth a look, they do a variety of mounts for most cars and most handsets. I have one that clips over the air vent and adjusts to any angle. I've had them in every car for years and haven't broken one yet.

Thanks I'll have a look at those

Grey996 said:
My old one has broken but it was one that stuck to the windscreen which I never liked so I need a new one. My wife has a great one that goes into the cd slot but that's not an option, I've bought a sticky pad but that's not very good and I can't seem to find a good one to go into the air vent.

Thanks

Try a Kenu phone holder. They clip onto the air vent and clamp to the width of your phone. Best I've had. I got mine from Argos however don't believe they sell them anymore.

i've got a cheap little magnetic one that sits in my centre console cubby hole that works well
will get a pic if interested :thumb:

Urban Ranger said:
Grey996 said:

Thanks

Try a Kenu phone holder. They clip onto the air vent and clamp to the width of your phone. Best I've had. I got mine from Argos however don't believe they sell them anymore.

+1 for Kenu :thumb:

I've got a Nite-Ize Steelie which is a combinaiton of a steel ball stuck to the car and a little magnet on the back of the phone. Works a treat, looks very subtle.

MaxA said:
I've got a Nite-Ize Steelie which is a combinaiton of a steel ball stuck to the car and a little magnet on the back of the phone. Works a treat, looks very subtle.

thats the same thing as mine :thumb: works a treat

Personally I use the RAM Mount range. It is modular and you can go with suction or adhesive bases (if you were for example filming on board on a track day the suction mounts are a no-no, so adhesive, bolt on or clamp {to roll cages} are all options for that), an armature in one of a range of sizes and a variety of device mounts. I have actually just had to order a new phone holder part as my new phone can't use the old one (I had the iPhone 5/5s/SE specific one and have ordered the X-Grip holder as that works with a variety of sizes including my new phone).

Not the cheapest, but quality stuff.

Thanks all, I've gone for an eBay special magnetic ball one to test it out.

Phone sits on the lip nicely to keep it more secure :thumb:

I recently picked up one of the Belkin cup holder ones from Halfrauds

Mega - transfers easily between cars, adjustable for different sized holders etc.

996lee said:

Phone sits on the lip nicely to keep it more secure :thumb:

I think pocket is the best place for a phone whilst one is driving ....!

Can't help thinking that this location o( or anything similar where a phone is used ) is just asking for the eye to be taken off the road and contribute to a possible 'event' where one should really have eyes on the road in from .....

All these touchy controls on screens that the latest cars have just don't seem right to me ....demand too much attention from the driver ......who should be doing just that ....'driving'.......

Mind you .....I find sat nav virtually useless in a car anyway , as I usually know where I am going , and how to get there as I plan it before hand .....

Can't really get too lost where I live though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back