Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

987 S key issue

jnwright71

Hi All,

I'm new to Boxster ownership and stupidly didn't check the spare key when I collected the car.

I tried it today and nothing :sad:

The key will manually unlock the door and the LED lights up (had to put a new battery in it), but no remote locking/unlocking, boot/bonnet release or recognition of the key by the ignition (key turns in the barrel, but that is it).

Do you think the key is knackered, not the right key for the car or has lost its synchronisation ?

If synchronisation, then can I do anything to resynchronise ?

If the key is knackered, is this an OPC job or can an Indy sort my key or replace it ?

Many thanks, James

I have the exact same problem with the spare key on my bolster, did you get yours sorted out?

Put the key in the ignition turn it to position one then press and hold the lock button on the fob for 5 seconds .. if its not dead then it should syncronise .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back