Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre tree

Endoman

Just aquired my 5th set of wheels, 1 set track day, 2 sets summer, 2 sets winter. Running out of storage space. Anyone recommend a decent tree that will support a set of 18" Speedlines? All the ones I can find seem very flimsy.

Yes you'll need a sturdy stand for the Speedlines, did you get originals?, but the only choice for an RS Rep :)

Trev

Yes the genuine articles, heavy and expensive. On Cup 2's for another Scottish trip with softened arbs and shocks. Going in for a/c evaporator next week and the tank is full. My a/c man is quiet at the moment unsurprisingly so we will work on it together. He's done one before and has a sister car, same colour, same month of manufacture, so I trust him.

We don't bother with tyre trees in Finland. We just stack the tyres/rims one on top of another in a shed or garage on top of a large square of wood. The 'tyre hotels' such as Vianor do the same on a pallet. As long as they're protected from light (I use a tyre bag) and below-zero temperatures, they'll be fine.

I don't know anyone with a tyre tree, and I had to Google it.

Kiitos, I will do that. :)

I have to agree with MaxA. I have close to a dozen sets of alloys/alloys & tyres and they are all stacked. I place two wooden battons on the floor and stack accordingly. Keeping them off the floor gives the wheel air circulation and offers a soft support.
I have a couple of sets in Richbrook Wheel Bags but really only necessary for new or freshly refurbished rims. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back