Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 - anyone know it?

:eek:

Isn't that a bit of a bargain :?:

My fave colour too :cloud9:

:thumb:

That is what i was thinking.

It got bid to £47k IIRC

My thought was that it sounded cheap too...

Maybe with those mods, it has been tracked heavily or there is a Cat C or D that is not being mentioned?

Does seem a little odd

:agree:

A factory clubsport with circa 40k miles for £55k...

If everything else checked out and was ok I'm surprised a dealer didn't snap it up. Got to be £65-70k from a dealer surely?

Was at a non-Porsche dealer a few months ago IIRC - asking somewhere in the 60's I think. Was tempted to call them today but I'm not 100% sure whether I want another GT3 since I'm waiting for my 964 to come back before I decide. The way the rear wheels sit in the arch doesn't look right to me - I'm guessing there is some sort of story there since the higher mileage CS that Paul Steven had sold within a few days.

Silverstone don't have the best form when it comes to GT3's at auction so it's well worth doing some serious digging.

I was at the auction and looked through the service history of the car.

My mate is body work and said it had been painted but the panels were str8 there were lots of invoices etc

We hpi'd it and it said further investigation required may be cat d

Call me an old cynique but I would suggest the fact that it was even in the auction would suggest it has a bit of a story to tell.

Aligned with the fact it only made about £47k in the hall and now has a price tag of £55k just makes me more suspicious.

Either the a#se has dropped out of these overnight or the majority of people at the sale knew why it was in there.

I looked around the car and this is going to sound really weird but it just did not have anything about it. Really couldn't put my finger on it and it wasn't just one thing but it just didn't draw the eye as other GT3's do (for example, 911livin's recently sold GT3 really popped and just wanted to be looked at!). This one though just didn't look anything special. Some gravel rash would suggest it's been tracked - a lot, which is understandable given the mods it's had. The vents / mesh grilles on top of the front bumper looked very diy and didn't suit the car (in my opinion) presumably they're there for a reason though. I think some of the other mods will also put people off.

Obviously it didn't sell at £47k and is available to buy for £55k which would still make it a very cheap GT3 for someone who's comfortable with what they're buying.

(and as for Sir Chris Hoy's Ferrari 458 - quite simply the most disgusting colour I've ever seen on a Fezza! It looked a hundred times worse in the metal!)

Although I haven't seen it for a few years, I'm pretty sure that's Brendon's old car. Yes, it's had a "life", including a pretty hard smack in the front several years ago - this was properly repaired by Shoraid. He struggled to sell it privately a couple of years ago due to withholding its full history & a fairly ambitious asking price. It went to the trade in the end. I believe it's been punted around by various dealers ever since. The fibreglass bonnet isn't the best & will put many off all on its own.

The front bumper looks to be an RS version, which would figure given the other Manthey mods. It should also have the centre radiator mod to go with it.

It would be a reasonable (although a bit toppy) buy at £47k to be fair, but it's not a £55K car IMHO.

Ah ok, I remember seeing that for sale a while back. Will resist the temptation

Mitch312 said:
Ah ok, I remember seeing that for sale a while back. Will resist the temptation

Why resist? Just offer what you think its worth.

I had one and scratched the itch. Will go back one day but other boxes to tick in the meantime

NXI20 said:
Although I haven't seen it for a few years, I'm pretty sure that's Brendon's old car.

It's being talked about on a Facebook group. Brendon himself says...

"That's my old car. It has been spanked hard. It's done about 50 trackdays all over Europe. It's had the tits rev'd off it at drift days, and it's done Vmax days. I've also done some very bad things to 2 girlfriends in the passenger seat so I'd recommend a thorough detail. Thus unless your going to use it for a trackday b*tch then stay away"

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back