Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many miles per year in your 993

Bought in 2006 with 76k. Now it's on 110k so around 3k per year.

Usually 6am Sunday drives but also the odd european trip thrown in.

about a 1000 miles a year, but i have been living overseas for 12 years so only used it for a few weeks every year. Always piled on the miles when i was in it tho.
Im back living in the UK and once i move to a new house with a garage, i'll be out in it whenever i get the chance. I need a euro trip to the sea; always wanted to leave my front door, get in my 993 and drive to the Mediterranean. A bit cliche i know, but f*ck em.

My garage ***** and I have been together soon 8 years. We've completed 18k together during this period. Tactical use to maximise enjoyment is the key. I could use the 993 every day. In the same way that I could ride a bmx to work everyday. Possible, but really what's the point? If you live outside London i can see it's more realistic but I'm a city mouse. These cars are usable museum pieces now. They should be taken care of, used, preserved and appreciated.

Cars are methods of transport. Old 911's are more than that. They are traveling by occasion. We don't have long left.

highway said:
My garage ***** and I have been together soon 8 years. We've completed 18k together during this period. Tactical use to maximise enjoyment is the key. I could use the 993 every day. In the same way that I could ride a bmx to work everyday. Possible, but really what's the point? If you live outside London i can see it's more realistic but I'm a city mouse. These cars are usable museum pieces now. They should be taken care of, used, preserved and appreciated.

Cars are methods of transport. Old 911's are more than that. They are traveling by occasion. We don't have long left.

Indeed. Tactical enjoyment is a good ethos. Works for me but others love to pile the miles on. I can see equal pleasure in both methodologies if I'm honest.

In the past I hopped in the 993 for the odd commute into London but that's gone down the swanny now, what with the T-Zone charge. You'd have to be mad to chuck over 20 quid TFL's way for the pleasure (Congestion Charge included). It's been poorly done by the mayor. There should be a cut-off date not a blanket ban on every motor. I mean how many 20 year old cars do you see in the city? Normally just the one I'm sitting in!

Oxford to implement a total ban on all diesel and petrol cars in the city centre by 2035. Soon you won't be able to traverse inside the M25 in our cars. That will pretty quickly extend to motorways in which case owning anything other than an electric vehicle will be pointless - unless one wants to utilise the A-roads. The trick will be to judge the mood and sell up because the only models worth a damn will be RS or better.

I saw a mayoral poster on the tube today saying that air quality in London has reached critical levels. Talk about over the top. But it's just Boris-bike syndrome for Sadiq I guess.

Around 5k a year which always includes a trip to mainland Europe. Did a 2.5k trip including all the main alpine passes in Switzerland, Schlumpf Museum and Stuttgart in September. Fantastic experience.

911livin said:
I had my 993 since Tuesday.. I done nearly 200 miles and cant wait to do more :D

Strong work :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back