Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 turbo purchase

Iby said:
I have now bought a black manual Turbo, thank you everyone for your input :thumbs:
I will try and get a project thread together for the widebody conversion.

Talk about buying the right car :thumbs:

The one thing about this time of year is that 'if' you have the patience and the money sitting in your bank account ready to go, waiting for the right car for you is the thing to do.
As long as your spec is not too 'out there' then the right car should come up at some point and the market does seem to be a bit slow at present.
The worst time is March onwards, there's probably a lot of people sitting waiting to buy for the incoming year and you will have to be quick.
On the cost front one thing that would be top of my list is checking to see how much of the essential maintenance has been done, such as coil packs (circa £750). Coolant pipes, budget a few grand if the main ones need replacing as it's an engine out job and then when you've got the engine out there's all the other little jobs you should do whilst it's out, so add another grand for that. Tyres £800 a set, wheel refurb another £500 to be done right.
All these things add up to a lot of cash and if it's a 10 yr old car they will need doing!
So if a car comes up that's right but a bit on the expensive side take these things into account and if they've been done, jump on it without hesitation.
Golden rule with car buying: Do not get into a situation where you look past the faults and keep saying to yourself 'I've got to have it', if anything rings an alarm bell Walk Away.
My list in no particular order: Colour, Spec, Condition, provenance and service history. Mind you that should be everyone's list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back