Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 16
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 50
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 5
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 8
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
DRZ911
Barcelona


Joined: 13 Mar 2013
Posts: 1351
Location: Belfast


PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: GT2RS - One Step Too Far ? Reply with quote

Insane stats for the GT2RS and interesting reviews :

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/911/99650/new-porsche-911-gt2-rs-2017-review

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/porsche/porsche-911-gt2-rs-2017-review1/

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/911-gt2-rs/first-drives/porsche-911-gt2-rs-2017-review

Maybe one step too far for UK road use Question
_________________
991 Gen 1 C4S PDK Carrara White
Yamaha R1 and BMW R100RS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Watkins Glen


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 2177
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We passed that point a long time ago Floor
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Magny-Cours


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2706
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
We passed that point a long time ago Floor


True story Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
NLW73
Suzuka


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 1156
Location: Yateley


PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonkers car.

356 kmh or 221mph top speed. And it's not even classed as a hyper car like the 918

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJAmP6ICI

A lot of car for 225k if you can get one
_________________
996 GT3 mk2 - Guards Red
996 C2 3.4 - Ocean Blue
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
coullstar
Suzuka


Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1000
Location: Aberdeen/Torphins


PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guards red one just popped up at local OPC.
_________________
1999 C2 Coupe - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124107
2000 Audi B5 RS4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Geordie_RS
Newbie


Joined: 10 Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Location: North East


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a boggo Cayman is enough Porsche for UK roads , yes it's probabky a step too far. Would it stop me buying one... of course not.

Closest I've driven performance wise for any length time is a McLaren 570s. That was fairly bonkers and let you access speeds on the road that shouldn't be repeated 991 GT2 RS must be something else. Surprised
_________________
997.1 GT3 RS
981 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Kyalami


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1914
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nearly as quick as my 16 year old 996 Floor

Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust. As for too much for uk roads, a lot of modern cars are I’d say. Even some of the latest generation hot hatches are approaching 400hp.
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged
350Bhp astra van for work Surprised
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
IMI A
Suzuka


Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Posts: 1068
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:


Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust.


Shame you won't be at VMAX in a few weeks as I'm sure you could have maybe run against one of these and a few other exotics like 720 S there. Are you still in process of rebuilding engine again?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ragpicker
Estoril


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 3515
Location: North East England


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
Must be nearly as quick as my 16 year old 996 Floor

Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust. As for too much for uk roads, a lot of modern cars are I’d say. Even some of the latest generation hot hatches are approaching 400hp.


The previous 997 GT2RS wasn't as quick as my turbo and that was before ES had their way with it. It was a much better car to drive around a track than mine though, but certainly not £200k better.

I expect your missile would leave the vast majority of machines behind now though Tom, especially mine! Thumb
_________________
996 turbo - slightly modified....
986 S - usually in pieces: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112626
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Kyalami


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1914
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMI A wrote:
911tom wrote:


Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust.


Shame you won't be at VMAX in a few weeks as I'm sure you could have maybe run against one of these and a few other exotics like 720 S there. Are you still in process of rebuilding engine again?


Hopefully I'll have my car back within the next two weeks but will need to run the engine in etc. March will be too tight even if it is run in I'd like to get a few more miles in before giving it the beans down a runway. Hopefully I'll make the April event.

ragpicker wrote:
911tom wrote:
Must be nearly as quick as my 16 year old 996 Floor

Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust. As for too much for uk roads, a lot of modern cars are I’d say. Even some of the latest generation hot hatches are approaching 400hp.


The previous 997 GT2RS wasn't as quick as my turbo and that was before ES had their way with it. It was a much better car to drive around a track than mine though, but certainly not £200k better.

I expect your missile would leave the vast majority of machines behind now though Tom, especially mine! Thumb


In a straight line on a runway yeah mine should be much faster, that will be the 10%. But everything else, B road, track, 0 to 60 mine would be slower for sure. As you say though not sure it is £200k slower!
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged
350Bhp astra van for work Surprised
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
IMI A
Suzuka


Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Posts: 1068
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck Tom. Maybe see you in April once you've run her in and are happy with the way she's running? I'm toying with the idea of going catless but can't bring myself to make the car not street legal. Have you ditched your cats? Only thing left to do other than go down forged engine route like you. We ran Oz's car on new race fuel map and Ken estimates Oz's turbo making circa 830whp on a stock engine! Between 100 mph and 200 mph hes 9e xx fast. Only difference between Oz and me is that he catless. Ken estimating 0-300 kph 20 secs for Oz to 23 secs with cats. Now do i get rid of the pesky cats off the car?
 



IMG_3014.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.06 KB
 Viewed:  1809 Time(s)

IMG_3014.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ragpicker
Estoril


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 3515
Location: North East England


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any cats on either Porsche, but I have a very understanding MOT tester who gets easily distracted by a red bank note or two when he's about to do the emissions...
_________________
996 turbo - slightly modified....
986 S - usually in pieces: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112626
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Kyalami


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1914
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair +200mph with that cat on the roof is more than impressive! Do you normally get 9e to sort the mot? If so I can see no reason why you wouldn’t do it given those performance figures!

Rags you must be tempted to use ms109 / fit meth?
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged
350Bhp astra van for work Surprised
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ragpicker
Estoril


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 3515
Location: North East England


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:


Rags you must be tempted to use ms109 / fit meth?


Meth is something I keep coming back to dude. I keep flirting with the idea because essentially its easy HP. However, when would I use it? Fitting the kit to do one or two vmax's per year.. I mean, how useful is it in normal daily or euro-hooning conditions which is what I want to use the car for the most?

I can definitely see me adopting ms109 quite regularly though Thumb
_________________
996 turbo - slightly modified....
986 S - usually in pieces: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112626
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
IMI A
Suzuka


Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Posts: 1068
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
To be fair +200mph with that cat on the roof is more than impressive! Do you normally get 9e to sort the mot? If so I can see no reason why you wouldn’t do it given those performance figures!

Rags you must be tempted to use ms109 / fit meth?


3 secs faster not an issue and we're already probably pretty close to blowing our engines up with this race map Very Happy

How high did yours IATs get to at VMAX? Oz with his aerospace intercoolers didn't go higher than 50c on same day albeit only running a normal every day ordinary petrol map. I got to 72c with race fuel map hence Ken advised to go for the do88 big pack. I'm not worried about passing MOT simply don't like the idea of driving around in a car which isn't strictly street legal.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Kyalami


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1914
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My IATs were high at vmax. So much so power would have been pulled. I can not remember how high exactly. Hence why I have definitely decided to fit the meth kit, even if I run mostly water. I went with the big Wagner coolers. I think DO88’s might have been the better choice. I went with Wagner as they included all the ducting etc. I am also fitting the Joe Toth scoops to help force air in to the coolers. Downside of those is the increased drag obviously.
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged
350Bhp astra van for work Surprised
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
IMI A
Suzuka


Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Posts: 1068
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
My IATs were high at vmax. So much so power would have been pulled. I can not remember how high exactly. Hence why I have definitely decided to fit the meth kit, even if I run mostly water. I went with the big Wagner coolers. I think DO88’s might have been the better choice. I went with Wagner as they included all the ducting etc. I am also fitting the Joe Toth scoops to help force air in to the coolers. Downside of those is the increased drag obviously.


Were you running the Wagner coolers at VMAX last year when you got high IATs?

Be interesting to compare on the same day Wagners , Do88, aerospace intercoolers (sold by a friend on here - GTRNick). Slight differences in all the cars as catless cars generate less heat. I may have to get a water spray system like the GT2 RS,. All that drag on GT2 RS and it still ran quicker than Porsches own claim of 211mph by going 225mph! I think if you were running 207mph in only 1.3 miles without meth you could be shooting for similar top speed 225mph or even faster worship
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Kyalami


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 1914
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMI A wrote:
Were you running the Wagner coolers at VMAX last year when you got high IATs?

Be interesting to compare on the same day Wagners , Do88, aerospace intercoolers (sold by a friend on here - GTRNick). Slight differences in all the cars as catless cars generate less heat. I may have to get a water spray system like the GT2 RS,. All that drag on GT2 RS and it still ran quicker than Porsches own claim of 211mph by going 225mph! I think if you were running 207mph in only 1.3 miles without meth you could be shooting for similar top speed 225mph or even faster worship


Yes wagnor coolers were on the car at vmax. Thing with comparing is we are all running different turbos etc. I’m going to fit the meth kit and scoops. I’ll see where the ait’s are then. Don’t really want to be buying new coolers frustrated

Spraying water on your coolers will help. Obviously you need to be careful if your intakes are tucked up in there. Probably won’t be as affective as injecting water in to the y pipe. Come on Imi, join the dark side Grin
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged
350Bhp astra van for work Surprised
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
IMI A
Suzuka


Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Posts: 1068
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
IMI A wrote:
Were you running the Wagner coolers at VMAX last year when you got high IATs?

Be interesting to compare on the same day Wagners , Do88, aerospace intercoolers (sold by a friend on here - GTRNick). Slight differences in all the cars as catless cars generate less heat. I may have to get a water spray system like the GT2 RS,. All that drag on GT2 RS and it still ran quicker than Porsches own claim of 211mph by going 225mph! I think if you were running 207mph in only 1.3 miles without meth you could be shooting for similar top speed 225mph or even faster worship


Yes wagnor coolers were on the car at vmax. Thing with comparing is we are all running different turbos etc. I’m going to fit the meth kit and scoops. I’ll see where the ait’s are then. Don’t really want to be buying new coolers frustrated

Spraying water on your coolers will help. Obviously you need to be careful if your intakes are tucked up in there. Probably won’t be as affective as injecting water in to the y pipe. Come on Imi, join the dark side Grin


Not worth it for a few VMAX runs. If I'd known you were still getting high IATs with the Wagners I really wouldn't have even bothered with the do88 for now as for 99% of use my IATS never get higher than 38c with the GT2 RS intercoolers. On stock engine like mine no-one needs more power for day to day unless they desire a £30,000 bill for a new engine!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum