Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 Turbo S

m119cars said:
Boba fett said:
mikeluke said:
Now you are just making me jealous.....

All the drama - manual, Mezger and cheaper !!

Hmmmmm, bit like the Minogue sisters I'm afraid, yours is Dani, the TTS is Kylie.

Kylie is just better at everything!

:grin: Funny, thats not a good comparison for me, as I much rather do Danny
fuku2.gif

Stunning car..well done you for adding miles to it and enjoying it

With all the turbo cars always keep it under 2500rpm until it's warmed up before opening the taps @any mileage

Awesome looking car. Have to agree re: gen 1 to gen2. So much real world difference. I came from a gen 1 manual to a gen2 pdk and will never look back! The box is stunningly responsive in sport and the power is addictive.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. The PPF film on my car is expel andnit is holding up well after 5 years.
I'm definately a fan of PPF rather than resprays, its nice to keep the factory paint on.

Roger, amazing you have a Black Aerokit'd 997.2 , You're right, it is very similar to mine. I love the yellow seat belts on yours.

Here's another recent picture of mine in my work car park after a lovely 25 mile commute to work down the M3 and through some very fast Surrey B roads close to Mclaren.

I often see their test cars on my way to and from work.

Thanks, I love the yellow seat belts, don't see them too often at all, I think they look great alongside the PCCB's yellow calipers.

I've got the yellow dials/chrono clock too, IMO work really well on a black car, a nice little touch along with the carbon to brighten up the interior and
make it a bit more special.

Your cars looking good :thumbs:

Been doing some enjoyable winter driving since getting the car serviced at Porsche Bristol. Just a minor service that wasn't required because I don't like the idea of not changing the oil every twelve months.
Bristol OPC service dept did a brilliant job as usual with great customer service. Here's a pic of the car out on a sunny winter blast.

Carlson said:
Been doing some enjoyable winter driving since getting the car serviced at Porsche Bristol. Just a minor service that wasn't required because I don't like the idea of not changing the oil every twelve months.
Bristol OPC service dept did a brilliant job as usual with great customer service. Here's a pic of the car out on a sunny winter blast.

Are you in the Bristol area or do you travel? I have only ever used Bristol OPC for parts but they are great in this department.

Will 997 soon move into OPC Classic servicing pricing does anyone think??

Little update,

My 2012 997 Turbo S has just covered 15K miles. It has been used all year round and detailed once per month, for a year by Topaz and laterly by Design by Detail.

It hasn't skipped a beat and has been an absolutely superb daily driver. I have ignored the two year wait between services and i take it to OPC Bristol annually for a minor service, apart from this cost so far it has not cost anything additionally.

I've just taken it in for a major service and i'm changing the original Bridgestones despite having some tread left on them, i feel at 6 years old its time. I've also opted to keep the car under porsche warranty for another two years as i'm keeping the car. I did have a little look at a 991.2 Turbo S, but frankly i felt that for the additional cost involved i wasn't getting enough of a step upwards in performance. I've never been at a stage when the 997 was lacking in performance in any way. It still takes my breath away when i open it up.

OPC Bristol have continued to provide excellent customer service and i am very happy with the way i am treated.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back