Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

has anyone purchased from this person/ did I get scammed?

Yes man that's totally is a scam. He didn't sound that retarded when he was talking to me sadly, maybe a couple of scammers all using the same identity

Yes, I think 2 people, at least, too.

His first email didn't seem like he was as retarded as his second.

Anyone that says 'true to my word" and especially more than once in an email is full of *****. :nooo:

Sadly looks like a scam... English doesn't look like it's his first language... I would be surprised if they are even in the States...
Try calling his bluff and ask for the remaining money he's not spent....

If the money is still in the bank account you sent it to (unlikely) your bank might be able to help by requesting a return of funds from the receiving bank. Doubt any money still there but you never know

this user 'jackartttt' has been suspended

members should always conduct necessary due diligence on any parts sale, especially with any transaction outside the UK, paying only with a recognised 'refundable' payment method

a 993 Turbo S aerokit retails for $5000 and you can expect to spend about $3000 on an after market set, with used values still in in the $000's, if it's too good to be true then it most certainly is

the same buyer fraud protection applies, especially in terms of the payment method, avoid western union, money grand and a bank transfer

Almost the same message as I got for some exhaust silencers

Please contact Brad on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. Fast shipping and trusted. Located in Charlotte, NC 28230 USA..

Emailed him and wanted bank transfer only. Came back to the forum and then noticed the zero post count and reported to a mod before being directed here. Hate this type of scam, they should bring back being thrown to the wolves.

911UK said:
avoid western union, money grand and a bank transfer

Why don't these services offer any protection??

Every time I hear of a scam it is always via Western Union or wired transfer?

Surely the technology is available to trace these people and get a refund??

If WU and the like tightened up their security procedures surely the scammers would be out of business?

Sorry to read this. I hate conmen. :x

I only use PayPal, if I don't actually know the seller personally, and not marked as a gift. It isn't a gift and I'll pay the little bit extra if it helps close the deal, just for peace of mind.

Some have been caught out by the 'gift' status when one of the well known names on a forum suddenly develops a desperate need for a lot of someone else's money. :evil:

As mentioned only ever use Paypal, or worst case a credit card transaction as this still holds a degree of Insurance.

As pointed out a 993 Aerokit is silly rare and worth thousands. I would be very wary of anyone offering me one, especially overseas for any price significantly less. I know its easy to fall for the temptation, but as the saying goes, 'there's no free lunch'.

Us shipping is not expensive and surprisingly easy. I used to run and ecommerce business, and much of our stock was sent palletised from the US. If he is making a song and dance about it requesting more money, again run a mile.

I would shrug it off, put it down to experience and forget it. You will waste time and stress chasing a resolution you will not reach. These are pro's. You will not find them or see your money. Your not the first and unfortunately wont be the last.

.......also anyone stating that they represent a company/supplier while using a none-company email address should be treated with extreme caution.

If they say they deal in expensive pork parts then they can afford to have appropriate emails and other communication methods that are specific to his/her business.

I am heavily involved in ICT security, GDPR and electronic fraud/scam prevention and would urge everyone to be extremely careful when sending funds by electronic means.

These people deploy extraction methods and techniques that can catch out even the smartest among us.

use paypal. end of.

if they don't want to do that they usually have sth to hide

if you use your credit card with paypal then you have double protection effectively.

NLW73 said:
use paypal. end of.

if you use your credit card with paypal then you have double protection effectively.

Are you sure about the double protection? I thought that the credit card protection did not apply when paying through paypal. Hence why I use my CC directly if possible.

MC

MisterCorn said:
NLW73 said:
use paypal. end of.

Are you sure about the double protection? I thought that the credit card protection did not apply when paying through paypal. Hence why I use my CC directly if possible.

MC

I think it depends on which card, I've been ok with HSBC but I'm told they are not all equal in this respect.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back