Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Diablos-666 said:
Where did you get the RUF lowering springs from?

I Ordered them direct from RUF Germany....only a few days to arrive. £350ish delivered :thumb:

crash7 said:
Suspension Upgrade

JRZ Cup Dampers with Cup monoball top mounts F&R
GT3 F&R Anti-roll bars (Powerflex Bushes)
Cup Rear Toe Links
Cup LCA's F&R
Cup Droplinks Front
Adjustable Droplinks Rear (Cup rears are non adjustable)
Tuning Fork Arms.

Now to get it all fitted!

Tasty 8)

BChivs said:
Diablos-666 said:

I Ordered them direct from RUF Germany....only a few days to arrive. £350ish delivered :thumb:

Is this the part number you ordered:

SKU: R96 300 333 10

Thinking about getting some rather than the H&R ones. I did order a PSS9 coilover kit but was told it was on back order and wouldn't be delivered until Dec/Jan. Now thinking I'll just get the lowering springs instead.

I have a set of four Ohlins springs - the ones that come with the Ohlins R/T shocks - which came out of their box for me to take a photograph and then went back in again.

They're on a shelf in my garage and will likely remain there for the rest of time unless anyone wants them, or I finally get round to eBaying them.

Give me a shout if you want them.

As I've not got a garage to keep the car (I do have one, but it's not big enough) I've just bought an outdoor Carcoon cover for the worst of the winter months. Very impressed in tests so far. Although the fans are very low power, the bubble inflates to a surprisingly solid pressure.

Dave

Stoo.c said:
galahad said:
Stoo.c said:
Top gear silencers and 200 cell cats arrived yesterday - very pleased and looking forward to finally getting them fitted.

X-pipe Cats or regular?

Just regular. I need to replace the silencers as they are split anyway so decided to change the cats for a small performance gain and a bit of future proofing anyway but without spending too much.

I will try and get my existing sensors out as I have the correct sensor sockets but even so it may well be a challenge. Will probably get the new pre cat ones as a minimum anyway.

4 new sensors ordered - they were seized solid. Decided to swap the engine mounts at the same time. One of them was doing next to nothing - it's only function was stopping the engine from dropping out. Looking forward to drive it again with new silencers, new cats, new O2's, new rear mounts and gearbox mount insert.

OEM spec water pump and gasket
Wahler low temp thermostat kit
6x Bosch plugs
2x HAAS coilpacks

From ECP with a discount code. Was £400, now £240 all in.

Edit: anyone used the HAAS coilpacks before? Thought they'd be worth a punt.

Diablos-666 said:
BChivs said:
Diablos-666 said:

Is this the part number you ordered:

SKU: R96 300 333 10

Thinking about getting some rather than the H&R ones. I did order a PSS9 coilover kit but was told it was on back order and wouldn't be delivered until Dec/Jan. Now thinking I'll just get the lowering springs instead.

I'm not sure on part numbers.....I just emailed and they were really helpful. Even gave vlub discount!👍🏻 H&R looked too low for me so opted for these.

Just bought myself some replacement gas bonnet struts and replacement centre caps.

Six coil packs, longer bolts and some NGK iridium plugs as I dropped a coil last night and now have a five cylinder 996 with a flashing CEL.

Car got jealous with me rebuilding a motorbike for commuter usage, clearly!

I've just got some RS Engine Mounts and RUF lowering springs. I did order the pss9 coilover kit but was told delivery would be in Jan so bought the springs instead.
I did send an enquiry to RUF about a set of their wheels but it seems their wheels are now forged and the cost is about £5k! 😳

Got a load of random stuff

Durametric and GT3 master cylinder to (hopefully) sort the brakes
Drop links all round
Engine belt
Probably some other bits too

Figured it could do with a little tlc keep her happy

Cut down front plate:

Untitled by CJK007, on Flickr

and had the wheel retrimmed by jack at Royal Steering Wheels. Very happy with how it looks a feels.

Untitled by CJK007, on Flickr

The less said about the major service, coil packs, plugs and brake fluid changes the better! :grin:

A major service, plus brake fluid change, plus gearbox and front diff oil change at OPC Exeter. £692 all in and a whole day in a fully optioned orange 718 Boxster S. Thought that wasn't too bad.

It's been expensive week so far!
Engine mounts
Oil switch
Anti roll bar bushes
Genuine boot badge
Exhaust fitting kit (exhaust last week)
Almost forgot, having my bill Saturday for a full respray. 😨

Finally made a decision on the exhaust. I want to have one of the best C4S on the road. So this week:

Milltek Sport Mufflers from Design 911 (UPDATE: Despite phoning me Friday to demand another £12 for AM delivery they have totally cocked up. I now have to get the old ones put back on and limp to Germany and then pay again to get them swapped when they finally get sorted.)
Exhaust fixing kit
Manifolds from Top Gear (perfect delivery. Fast and great looking kit)

Going to be fitted by GCR next week and include:

Refurb including respray of exhaust mounting brackets
Refurb of brake disc "hats"
Inspection of suspension (think it is all okay) and other bits so I have a project list.

Interior wise just had:

New Hertz speakers all around
New JBL Amp
Upgraded head unit (Pioneer) software to include new EU maps.

(difference is incredible)

Refurbed Gearstick gator - Royal Steering Wheels
Refurbed Handbrake Handle - Royal Steering Wheels

Both in the same leather, I've had done on the steering wheel and with orange stitching.

(fitting these today)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back