Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another clutch Q, with a 3.4 / 3.6 twist

coullstar

Singapore
Looks like my clutch / flywheel will need replaced relatively soon and Ive been looking into the Sachs / Luk stuff to get an idea on parts.

However there is something I wanted to check though as my car has a 3.6 gearbox fitted to the 3.4 engine.

Can anyone see that there would be a potential issue with just using the standard 3.4 clutch and flywheel kit?
I cant see why not but then Im not 100% sure on this.

What clutch kit are you currently using from when the gearbox was swapped, if that is fine I would stay with that one.
I would think the only issue you would have is if the input shaft dimensions are different or if the clutch arm has a different throw length?

That was my reasoning and as far as Im aware its the 3.4 clutch/flywheel.

My symptoms are as if the clutch is slipping when on WOT around 5500rpm on. Its has done around 90k apparently so makes sense its that.

I do get the slight burning smell, not really tried the lower gears test yet but its completely fine until the full throttle stuff higher up the revs and once its started it does it slip more.
It will rev all the way to red line with partial throttle so Im 99% sure its clutch wear.

90k on it from the history I have.

Spoke to the guy that did the box swap and might get him to do the clutch as well. He reckons the 3.4 stuff is all fine to use.

He changed the release bearing, slave cylinder and the updated arm and pivot when swapping the box over.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back