Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel time

ch3tman said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Ha. I like the really dark grey that's one of the Work options but it I'm still leaning towards gold or bronze...

Here's a GT3 RS in PTS Vesuvio (is that the same as Vesuvius?) wearing gold/bronze wheels:

80-ew7a0758_891f454a735a12669516c13d5a50f4a52d6d1a3b.jpg

80-ew7a0763_df1dc6f7e38a6a402331838449d8e39f7ad7f1e5.jpg

Go for it! :D.

Yep. That's what's I'm thinking!

I'm sure Vesuvio/Vesuvius are slightly different shades, there is code 40X and 40W, what is the code on your car?

Atlas Grey is on the same spectrum, a shade darker again. I've just done some Weiss Gold wheels for an Atlas Grey 996 GT3 and will have pics soon if it helps. but I think it works very well.

Attn Cableguy....is that your old 2S for sale at JZM for £93k??? :eek:

Chris W said:
I'm sure Vesuvio/Vesuvius are slightly different shades, there is code 40X and 40W, what is the code on your car?

Atlas Grey is on the same spectrum, a shade darker again. I've just done some Weiss Gold wheels for an Atlas Grey 996 GT3 and will have pics soon if it helps. but I think it works very well.

It's 40X. The German Porsche colour chart lists both as Vesuvio! I'm pretty sure mine was sold here as Vesuvius Metallic

Chris W said:

Nice spot Chris and yes it is indeed my old Vesuvius 2S. Still wearing it's RS Steering Wheel & Door Cards and the body coloured Hollow Spokes which you refurbished. :thumb:

I'm not 100% sure but it may have lost a few miles since I had it! :eek:

C.

Lucky enough to own the C2S above and put the original wheels back on .

cableguy said:
Chris W said:

Nice spot Chris and yes it is indeed my old Vesuvius 2S. Still wearing it's RS Steering Wheel & Door Cards and the body coloured Hollow Spokes which you refurbished. :thumb:

I'm not 100% sure but it may have lost a few miles since I had it! :eek:

C.

I thought so...7 years on those wheels still looking good but agree mileage seems very low ;) If only we'd all sat on these cars driving them like they were intended!

Terrybell said:

Congrats it's lovely and always nice to see.

Terrybell said:

Why are you selling it?

🤗

Attachments

• 22754a7a_74d3_4794_a6ff_c53fc098ad55_935.jpeg
    22754a7a_74d3_4794_a6ff_c53fc098ad55_935.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 5,732
Not selling .... a keeper and also retro fitted the Porsche cassette radio🤓

Terrybell said:
Not selling .... a keeper and also retro fitted the Porsche cassette radio🤓

I'm confused (not difficult) I thought the car was for sale at JZM??

Sorry new to forum , no I was referring to the Vesuvius Grey C2S car that is top of page 2 I bought from RPM and now has the original gun metal grey cup wheels and cassette radio as per 1997 911 brochure ... there is now also a similar JZM car up for sale with different body colour wheels I think . :)

Terrybell said:
Sorry new to forum , no I was referring to the Vesuvius Grey C2S car that is top of page 2 I bought from RPM and now has the original gun metal grey cup wheels and cassette radio as per 1997 911 brochure ... there is now also a similar JZM car up for sale with different body colour wheels I think . :)

Ah right. Nice car hope you are enjoying driving it!

Chris993C2 said:
I've been contemplating plasti-dipping my hollowspokes in satin black, leaving the rim silver...
I finally got around to having a go at this - not a 100% convinced yet, so it's more a proof-of-principle then the finished article...

Attachments

• black_865.jpg
    black_865.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 3,613
Chris993C2 said:
Chris993C2 said:
I've been contemplating plasti-dipping my hollowspokes in satin black, leaving the rim silver...
I finally got around to having a go at this - not a 100% convinced yet, so it's more a proof-of-principle then the finished article...

Too much silver on the Outer Lip IMO. It can work on a split rim as you have the depth of the lip but on a flat faced single piece wheel, less is more. ;)

Have a look at my MY02's which are for sale: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124182

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back