Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 Turbo S

I really hope the 911UK site has a good deduplication algorithm for all the repeated pictures of Boba's car... :grin:

Maph,

Thank you for that list of 6 year service items. I'm going to make sure they are
on my list for the big 2018 service.

Carlson said:
Hi M119,

Yes it certainly was my car you parked your lovely 997 Turbo S next to at Longcross. Charlie showed me a picture of the two together! What a coincidence!

Thanks for everyone elses comments, they are really appreciated.

Regarding the PPF- i am incredibly fortunate the original owner PPF'd the whole car at new before collection at Porsche Reading.

My car is looked after by Toapz on their wash scheme, it gets a wash once per month by them as i just don't have time to do it regularly and when it was detailed before the first wash they remarked that their own PPF film has advanced a long way since 2012, so i am considering having the whole car re-filmed by them next year. It has made a lot of difference to the way the car is holding up visually having the whole car PPF'd and Topaz keeing on top of the washing.

I am taking the car back to Bristol from London for its service. I trust them and they treat very well. I am sorry Sam the salesman has moved on but i've been down for a service since he left and it is still a really great OPC- reasonably priced and very thorough.

Topaz use Suntek & Xpel film for PPF. They are excellent however they take the piss with their pricing for PPF.

Can send you details of a detailed who I use who can replace your PPF with Suntek & Xpel for less than half of the price that Topaz charge (probably save you over £3k)

Always nice to see another 997 Turbo S, especially one that looks so much like mine :D

Amazing find at under 800 miles when you picked it up! Never seen one with that low miles for sale I have to say.

They are incredible cars, have loved every minute of mine..I guess the previous owners loss was your gain...

Boba fett said:
mikeluke said:
Now you are just making me jealous.....

All the drama - manual, Mezger and cheaper !!

Hmmmmm, bit like the Minogue sisters I'm afraid, yours is Dani, the TTS is Kylie.

Kylie is just better at everything!

Carlson said:
Here's a picture from a dirty weekend in Somerset

Not the ideal car to go dogging in :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil - your humour is wasted here - you should be back over on the Brexit thread!

:)

There's a good thread on P/H's about the PPF film. The author tried all the types of film on the market and came to the conclusion that, in his opinion, the Xpel was the easiest to apply, had little or no flaws in the film and the most resistant to damage, it self heals.
I priced up the supply only of a kit to do the front of my 997 and it was over a $1000!
It seems there is a bit of a closed shop in the UK for buying the film and the kits.
I know there seems to be a 'black art' to applying the stuff but some of the pricing is eye watering!

easternjets said:
There's a good thread on P/H's about the PPF film. The author tried all the types of film on the market and came to the conclusion that, in his opinion, the Xpel was the easiest to apply, had little or no flaws in the film and the most resistant to damage, it self heals.
I priced up the supply only of a kit to do the front of my 997 and it was over a $1000!
It seems there is a bit of a closed shop in the UK for buying the film and the kits.
I know there seems to be a 'black art' to applying the stuff but some of the pricing is eye watering!

I had quotes for Xpel from Wrap Capital in Exeter which seemed reasonable. Happy to PM prices if anyone is interested.

Descriptions of the different levels/ stages on their website......
http://wrapcapital.uk/index.php/ppf/

easternjets said:

Xpel is the most resistant to stone chips however Suntek gives a better Finnish (less orange peak effect). Most of the professional outfits for xoel to the most prone areas such as bumpers etc and suntek to the bonnet, roof etc

Can send you a contact for getting the whole front end of your car done for around £1000. Based near Portsmouth

Jcx said:
Looks lovely all lit up. Not been out in the dark in mine yet :)

To be honest you can get a very very good front end respray for a grand !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back