Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel time

Funnily enough, you've inspired me. I often wondered what my car would look like with darker wheels (black Fuchs on the shopping list) so today I've invested the heady sum of £20 in some wrap to try on my wheels as a "proof of colour". If... a-hem...if it's not a complete f-up, I'll share pictures. Otherwise, you'll never hear this mentioned again ;-)

Tobesetc said:
Funnily enough, you've inspired me. I often wondered what my car would look like with darker wheels (black Fuchs on the shopping list) so today I've invested the heady sum of £20 in some wrap to try on my wheels as a "proof of colour". If... a-hem...if it's not a complete f-up, I'll share pictures. Otherwise, you'll never hear this mentioned again ;-)
I'd be interested in how you get on - I've been contemplating plasti-dipping my hollowspokes in satin black, leaving the rim silver...

Chris993C2 said:
I've been contemplating plasti-dipping my hollowspokes in satin black, leaving the rim silver...

DO IT :D

__large__6f71488c-0511-446e-9b55-4745a6f7d221.jpg

__large__8a08269d-7b1b-42e6-bebc-243a4d1afe73.jpg

__large__99790350-cab8-48cc-97cc-5b0482832b39.jpg

HSC911 said:
Match the body colour:

IMG_6623-1200x800.jpg

That's not the body colour though!

nickjonesn4 said:
Chris W said:
HSC911 said:
Match the body colour:

IMG_6623-1200x800.jpg

Ha. Good spot. Those are gunmetal too I think

Because we refurbed them and chose that scheme:)

Its Stahl Grau 61W, correct to the Vesuvius edition with silver satin finished dish. They're Roock wheels.

nickjonesn4 said:
PH5121 said:
I'd go for grey out of the choices you listed, but also like body coloured centres on a dark coloured car.

My 17s are body coloured so after something a bit different

As Chris said in his post, they would have been grey originally not body colour.
I'd get the original grey colour on the split rims (and even consider getting the 17 inch Cup 2's done grey instead of body colour)

I'm sure Nick, like myself stands outside of the illuminati circle, hence he's looking for something different/stand out.

Steel Grey looks great on a standard, concourse or an illuminati owned car but IMO it's one of those "meh" colours. Too light & not dark enough and certainly doesn't have the "WOW" factor.

Step outside the box and let your imagination run wild Nick. :thumb:

C.

I am a fan of coloured wheels, my dad has body coloured wheels on his turquoise 993 turbo which I think looks great.(there's a picture of it in the show us your 993 photos section)

PH5121 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
PH5121 said:
I'd go for grey out of the choices you listed, but also like body coloured centres on a dark coloured car.

As Chris said in his post, they would have been grey originally not body colour.
I'd get the original grey colour on the split rims (and even consider getting the 17 inch Cup 2's done grey instead of body colour)

The wheels were originally silver. This not a Vesuvius special edition, just special order paint. I like them colour coded TBH but will do something different with the Meisters.

nickjonesn4 said:
PH5121 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
PH5121 said:

The wheels were originally silver. This not a Vesuvius special edition, just special order paint. NB the colour of the door mirrors.

I like the Cups colour coded TBH but will do something different with the Meisters.

Chris W said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Chris W said:
HSC911 said:
Match the body colour:

IMG_6623-1200x800.jpg

Ha. Good spot. Those are gunmetal too I think

Because we refurbed them and chose that scheme:)

Its Stahl Grau 61W, correct to the Vesuvius edition with silver satin finished dish. They're Roock wheels.

They look great.

cableguy said:
I'm sure Nick, like myself stands outside of the illuminati circle, hence he's looking for something different/stand out.

Steel Grey looks great on a standard, concourse or an illuminati owned car but IMO it's one of those "meh" colours. Too light & not dark enough and certainly doesn't have the "WOW" factor.

Step outside the box and let your imagination run wild Nick. :thumb:

C.

Ha. I like the really dark grey that's one of the Work options but it I'm still leaning towards gold or bronze...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back