Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3

ditchvisitor said:
Thanks to Tom and Terry at 911V for answering all my questions, being exceptionally helpful and making it an all round great buying experience, the decision has been made, deposit paid and it will be a long 3 week wait until I collect! Rather excited!

jTC3V7I.jpg

Looks superb. Enjoy :thumb: :thumb:

Off to 911V to collect it now! Can't wait!

Lovely weather for it :thumb:

welcome to club mezger. and enjoy!!

that first journey beyond 7k rom in 2nd gear when the whole car comes alive and buzzing is a journey never to be forgotten!!

A rather big smile leaving 911V...
dszrRzq.jpg

Safely home and tucked up!
4JjWuu5.jpg

Excellent, looks like you enjoyed the moment, lots more enjoyable moments to come :grin:

MJA911 said:
Excellent, looks like you enjoyed the moment, lots more enjoyable moments to come :grin:

Indeed I did! Was still pinching myself when got home and parked it on the drive!
First impressions:

Firstly I picked a pretty perfect day for it, a stunning, sunny, autumn afternoon. What can I say about the GT3... it's an assault on the senses, from the rattly Mezger at tick over, to the epic noise as you go past 7k, it's like nothing else. The feedback through the steering wheel is sensational and you can just feel that given some time to get used to it and the right road it will be amazing. Everything about the car is so analogue, the steering is light but direct, the clutch is quite heavy and the gear change is firm but positive, the diff grumbles in load speed turns and it does feel like an 18 year old car in some respects, however I bloody love it!

Stunning! Good result. I miss mine.

I remember you from Pistonheads. You had a lovely looking white with red wheels 3.2 Carrera didn't you? Welcome on here anyway. It's far better than P'heads for info and older cars.
P'heads is great if you want to discuss stitching colour on a brand new GT3 though. :grin:

Anyway enjoy that car! Very special. If I can ever get back into one I will. :thumb:

ETA - They sound knackered at tick over don't they. Totally worth the trade off for that tip end scream though.

Marky911 said:
Stunning! Good result. I miss mine.

I remember you from Pistonheads. You had a lovely looking white with red wheels 3.2 Carrera didn't you? Welcome on here anyway. It's far better than P'heads for info and older cars.
P'heads is great if you want to discuss stitching colour on a brand new GT3 though. :grin:

Anyway enjoy that car! Very special. If I can ever get back into one I will. :thumb:

ETA - They sound knackered at tick over don't they. Totally worth the trade off for that tip end scream though.

Thanks! Yes indeed that was me! This does seem like a great forum, PH has definitely gone down hill these days, I'm looking forward to getting along to some meets next year.

ditchvisitor said:
A rather big smile leaving 911V...
dszrRzq.jpg

Safely home and tucked up!
4JjWuu5.jpg
Awesome experience isn't it? Having been through a simialr collection experience only a few weeks back, pinching yourself to check it is really happening is about as close as you can describe the feeling.

Funnily enough, regarding the Mezger idle, my GT3 is far noisier than my 996tt, which did surprise me, but then the internals and induction bits are very different.

Just one thing you're doing wrong though; not enough bicycles:

q8XaxmAO.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back