Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First month of ownership thoughts

hopeydaze said:
I've owned my C2 for 3 months and 3k miles. Like you I am loving it.

I am glad that Center Gravity is on your list. I thought the car drove beautifully. However, that's not what Chris at Center Gravity thought. A day of his fine tuning has transformed the steering and suspension

I've had my beloved 993 for six years now- by far the best money I've spent on it was at Center Gravity....it handled fine previously but with a slight lack of steering feel- after a day at Center of Gravity it now feels like a proper sports car instead of a GT car....it's more lively and exciting to drive at speed.

Definitely a few more psi in the rears.

Here's Porsche's recommended pressures for 16", 17" & 18" Tyres:

C.

Attachments

• 993_tyre_pressures_617.png
    993_tyre_pressures_617.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 6,232
Interesting your observation on other drivers attitude to the 993, I remember turning on to the A40 from Park Royal and what I perceived to be a very aggressive move by a white van to overtake me, when he pulled up beside me, he just gave me a big grinning thumbs up and was just trying to get a better look at the car, also had a long chat through the sunroof with a bus driver whilst stuck in traffic on the A406 on the subject of old and new Porsches........

Very pleased you are enjoying your car, it gets better as time goes on

MikeRSR said:
nickjonesn4 said:
set the tyre pressures for 18" rims so now it's running 36psi front and rear the ride is much better.
You might want to try just a few more psi at the back.

Cheers. I have a club run tomorrow morning so will run different PSI pre and post breakfast.

AP90 said:
Interesting your observation on other drivers attitude to the 993, I remember turning on to the A40 from Park Royal and what I perceived to be a very aggressive move by a white van to overtake me, when he pulled up beside me, he just gave me a big grinning thumbs up and was just trying to get a better look at the car, also had a long chat through the sunroof with a bus driver whilst stuck in traffic on the A406 on the subject of old and new Porsches........

Very pleased you are enjoying your car, it gets better as time goes on

It's funny how people react to cars but they seem to universally love these old Porsches.

Makes a change from the w*nker signs that driving modern sports cars usually elicit

nickjonesn4 said:
MikeRSR said:
nickjonesn4 said:
set the tyre pressures for 18" rims so now it's running 36psi front and rear the ride is much better.
You might want to try just a few more psi at the back.

Cheers. I have a club run tomorrow morning so will run different PSI pre and post breakfast.

If your still running 17s, I found that 32 front , 34 rears, an ideal A and B road setup :thumb:

Hello Nick
Great to see that you are enjoying yourself in the 993.

May pop up to Moffat tomorrow.

👍🏻👍🏻

Great to catch up Nick.. your car is a cracker.. 👍👍

Lovely day out today.. plenty of sunshine and smiles.
I felt very lucky driving in the hills.
Last day out in the car until spring, the gritters drove past the house one hour after the car was tucked away in the garage. 😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back