Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aero kit design911

RXP.

Monza
Hello chaps,

Has anyone bought this or seen a car with it fitted?

The kit comes with genuine front bumper and front lip and replica rear spoiler.

Thought greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RXP. said:
Hello chaps,

Thanks.

I had a mate that had a copy rear aerokit spoiler from them, and it looked good, trouble was at speed he could see it starting to vibrate and moving around a bit, so tread carefully !! I think both genuine and copy are fibreglass.

The aerokit makes a big difference if you ask me and makes the car look mean.

I purchase porsche parts from Teile.com

about the same price and original

I wont buy from design 911 again. Had a very poor experience with them

Boba fett said:
RXP. said:
Hello chaps,

Thanks.

I had a mate that had a copy rear aerokit spoiler from them, and it looked good, trouble was at speed he could see it starting to vibrate and moving around a bit, so tread carefully !! I think both genuine and copy are fibreglass.

How fast are we talking boba? Will it hold up to track work? Would be worth securing it down with additional fixing points?

RXP. said:
pcat said:

Hey bud, can you elaborate?

Bought some parts from them which failed, and left me stranded. Had them swapped out at my own expense, when i contacted them they basically insulted me, when i said i would share my experiemce on here they threatened me with legal action

Honestly the worst experience i have ever had, anywhere. Im amazed they are still in business tbh

I'd leave the whole aero kit thing alone personally. I think they look pants :nooo:

pcat said:
RXP. said:
pcat said:

Hey bud, can you elaborate?

Bought some parts from them which failed, and left me stranded. Had them swapped out at my own expense, when i contacted them they basically insulted me, when i said i would share my experiemce on here they threatened me with legal action

Honestly the worst experience i have ever had, anywhere. Im amazed they are still in business tbh

Wow, Sorry to hear of your troubles. That does not instil confidence to be honest.

Norfolk & Idea said:
I'd leave the whole aero kit thing alone personally. I think they look pants :nooo:

I can see why you would think that. It is marmite. Personally I am a huge fan.

It will fit perfectly into the vision I have for the car.

I also read somewhere that the Aero kit was originally developed for and unveiled on the C2S it then went on to be used on the GT3? Not sure if that is true, however pretty cool if it is.

RXP. said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

I also read somewhere that the Aero kit was originally developed for and unveiled on the C2S it then went on to be used on the GT3? Not sure if that is true, however pretty cool if it is.

That's great! We buy these cars, pamper them and get them looking and performing how we want. Its all part of the pleasure of ownership.
It would be a bit dull if they all looked exactly the same... :thumbs:

When Boba said above that his mate fitted one and it started wobbling under speed I just thought 'oh no' Stuff like that would drive me nuts. I'd have to remove it and throw it over the nearest cliff :lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
RXP. said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

That's great! We buy these cars, pamper them and get them looking and performing how we want. Its all part of the pleasure of ownership.
It would be a bit dull if they all looked exactly the same... :thumbs:

When Boba said above that his mate fitted one and it started wobbling under speed I just thought 'oh no' Stuff like that would drive me nuts. I'd have to remove it and throw it over the nearest cliff :lol:

Yes definitely, shoddy build quality is not.Another option is to for OEM front bumper and Splitter and then full carbon rear wing/Spoiler which would add rigidity (not from design911).

However would be interesting to speak with them and see if they have changed manufacturer recently.

RXP. said:
Boba fett said:
RXP. said:
Hello chaps,

Thanks.

How fast are we talking boba? Will it hold up to track work? Would be worth securing it down with additional fixing points?

Hi it was anything getting over the speed limit. It was a good fit and it would be hard to tell its a copy, but it was the top blade itself, almost like it was not made rigid or strong enough so it had flex, when air was being forced over it and through it, it started vibrating. There was nothing you could do to improve it, so he removed it and sold it. The OE ones don't have this problem obviously.

Boba fett said:
RXP. said:
Boba fett said:
RXP. said:
Hello chaps,

Thanks.

Hi it was anything getting over the speed limit. It was a good fit and it would be hard to tell its a copy, but it was the top blade itself, almost like it was not made rigid or strong enough so it had flex, when air was being forced over it and through it, it started vibrating. There was nothing you could do to improve it, so he removed it and sold it. The OE ones don't have this problem obviously.

Thanks for that Boba, if that's still the case then definitely will not be suitable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back