Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many miles per year in your 993

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
I have tried to limit how much I drive it

:? I just don't get this logic.

You buy a car and don't want to use it. In which case I can recommend a marble plinth as you're clearly in the invester camp. :roll:

If I was ever to put on a pair of Jonttt rose tinted specs I'd suggest that racking up nominal mileage you aint going to lose much and that surely is the price you pay for enjoying the car :dont know:

You're still paying for maintenance on it, you'll still be changing the rubber due to age and not wear so just use it :wink:

Only thing that limits my driving is free time.

If there is going to be a member count (with the obligatory 'values' undertone) I reckon Jonttt will be the lowest user having only driven it for its annual service and then home again :hand:

I've got colleagues around me (50s, 60s) either suddenly dying, terminal illness, dementia (at 64 :eek: ) which is making me realise you can have all the spare cash and missed opportunities but they're no good when you're dead. :nooo:

Actually mine has done 0 miles this year, yep not even a trip to be serviced or MOT'd, its ..... resting :)

Got the car at the end of May last year, have now covered 11k in it, including driving it to the South of France for a couple of work meetings, the N500 in Scotland, a chunk of the Wild Atlantic Way when I collected the car (bought from Dublin), Evo Triangle in North Wales twice. Driving it to Liverpool for the day and back next week, and Cornwall the week after.

Bought in at current prices, have already spent about £15k on maintenance, have a bit more to do and am considering doing a 3.8 conversion next year. No way this car makes economic sense but it's the car I want to drive. New Porsches don't appeal to me.

Agree with the comment above that more or less says we have limited time here. And would also add that driving fast cars on the road, and affordable use oil fuels are going to be a thing of the past within 10 years (self drive, electric vehicles, invasive data and monitoring). Enjoy them while we still can
:thumb:

tyinsky said:
Got the car at the end of May last year, have now covered 11k in it, including driving it to the South of France for a couple of work meetings, the N500 in Scotland, a chunk of the Wild Atlantic Way when I collected the car (bought from Dublin), Evo Triangle in North Wales twice. Driving it to Liverpool for the day and back next week, and Cornwall the week after.

Bought in at current prices, have already spent about £15k on maintenance, have a bit more to do and am considering doing a 3.8 conversion next year. No way this car makes economic sense but it's the car I want to drive. New Porsches don't appeal to me.

Agree with the comment above that more or less says we have limited time here. And would also add that driving fast cars on the road, and affordable use oil fuels are going to be a thing of the past within 10 years (self drive, electric vehicles, invasive data and monitoring). Enjoy them while we still can
:thumb:

Exactly!

I like to use my C4S as often as I can however this has a downside the car was seen many times on my drive and the result some scrotes broke into my home found the keys and took it away.
It was recovered by 10.30 am as it had been parked up to determine if it was tracked or not.
Consequently this year from MOT to MOT it has only done 984 miles. Previous year I drove down through the Alps across southern France and through the Pyrenees to Santander and back home by ferry all in circa 4000 miles that year.
The car currently has 85,000 miles on the clock and needs a repaint to fix what the scrotes did getting it out of my garage. So this year looks like another low milage year. :x

Foot note: the car no longer stays at my home.

I'm in the third car camp so my 993 gets light use and always has done. My lowest year was 150 miles as we'd just moved and had our daughter. The first year of ownership was, ironically, the highest so far as mileage was concerned. We lived in London but this was our sole car and got used for everything from grabbing coffee down the road on a Sunday, drives into Bloomsbury and blasts into the countryside with our dog! (also had a nice little lock-up a few doors down from our flat - car is now kept on the drive!)

Over the summer it was my daily for commuting into London a couple of days a week whilst my new car was being built. That was great fun (really it was - I need a cup holder though). So I covered a couple of thousand this year.

Next year I anticipate a mileage hike as I'm coming to the end of the mechanical overhaul. It's going to be used for everything from the commute to a wedding in Austria 🇦🇹. Just as a 155k banger should be! :grin:

Mileage

I have had my 993 for exactly 5 months, I initially bought it as a car to show at classic events, which I have but it is infectious to drive. I have only been caught out in the rain once so I do try to avoid impending weather. In total I have driven almost 1400 miles in 5 months, the previous owner had it for two years and done 800 miles. I have even taken it to the monthly Mercedes Club pub meet twice.

Zingari said:
Keep it real :thumb:

BTW there are a few silent Iuuminati 'brethren' who haven't posted for ages. Rumour has it they've taken the dough :dont know:

I get the impression that you really regret offloading your 993? You post on the 993 Forum more than any of the current owners :wink:

I've only had mine a month but am sticking with the intention - it is my only car and gets driven every single day. I did about 9,000 miles in my 997.1 before I bought the 993 (including a couple of blasts through France, Germany and Italy) and am hoping to do the same with the 993 - currently pondering a road trip to Provence later in the month. Get out and drive!

pierrebear said:
I've only had mine a month but am sticking with the intention - it is my only car and gets driven every single day. I did about 9,000 miles in my 997.1 before I bought the 993 (including a couple of blasts through France, Germany and Italy) and am hoping to do the same with the 993 - currently pondering a road trip to Provence later in the month. Get out and drive!

Be interested to hear your take on the comparison between the two.

Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:
Keep it real :thumb:

BTW there are a few silent Iuuminati 'brethren' who haven't posted for ages. Rumour has it they've taken the dough :dont know:

I get the impression that you really regret offloading your 993? You post on the 993 Forum more than any of the current owners :wink:

He has more remorse than the deputy PM.

Albionmuz said:

:hand: Been there and done it so that itch is scratched :thumb: Obviously I keep my hand in as a reserve valuer to provide some balance and perspective. I may hold a masterclass on Pall Mall next month :grin:

......... and don't leave your credit cards or wallet at home ....... ;)

Looking at the odo this morning, I've done 4,300 miles in 3yrs.

Embarrassing and unfortunate but definitely lack of opportunity rather than any desire to have a garage queen. Happily drive it to the station, to the shops or even to a ploughing match with parking in a stubble field...

About 4k very fun miles since ownership last summer - mainly weekend and evening Hertfordshire/Beds/Essex hoons, with the odd trip to Peak District, Cotswolds etc. Planning to get to mainland Europe and/or Scotland next year!

About 4000 miles a year for three years, it's insured for 10,000 so I drive whenever I want, including a trip right around France this summer and it'll be at Le Mans in June.

Don't give a stuff about impacting values, it's my car and not for sale. Compared with every other car I've ever owned, the residual is rock-solid even if I go to the moon and back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back