Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What spoiler is this?

A bloody horrible one. :grin:

I've no idea what it is and it's really strange that the seller doesn't even mention it in his advert wording. :?

"What spoiler is this?"
Quite simply - the wrong one!!

No interior shots in the ad either - just the merest glimpse of the "lipstick red interior". Didn't Porsche used to call it Can-Can Red?? I've always thought "abattoir upholstery" or "slaughterhouse scarlet" more fitting really... :D

Almost as bad as this one on a Ruf 993...

Attachments

• fdebbd0b_93c8_4d76_9301_8a687795f05e_187.jpeg
    fdebbd0b_93c8_4d76_9301_8a687795f05e_187.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 3,802
Blimey - that's hideous :eek:

Hamann is an appropriate name. In the shipping industry a company called Hamann makes the tanks for storing waste from toilets! Known as Hamann Tanks. Haha

I've never seen any third party spoiler that looks better than what Porsche do.

isysman said:

i am a fan of the ducktail especially the rpm carbon one and have been on the fence for a while on going for that

Phil 997 said:

Cheers Phil
It does look like the Ebay one... It doesn't appear to have any vents, I can't imagine it would do the cooling side of things much good :dont know:

Cheap though...

996lee said:
isysman said:

i am a fan of the ducktail especially the rpm carbon one and have been on the fence for a while on going for that

I also have the urge for a duck tail but C4s one are things on the ground :sad:

paul987 said:
996lee said:
isysman said:

Paul
Heres a ducktail for the 996 4S

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod131450/Porsche-996-C4S-Rear-Duck-Tail--Ducktail--Spoiler/

or gt3tek in California do one that just goes in place of your pop up bit

http://www.gt3tek.com/PHP/lupa.php?id=996 bolt on Duck tail 2002-2004

Armando is a nice guy there and will happily ship to the UK, I have had stuff off him in the past.

:thumb: :thumb:

996lee said:
isysman said:

I really want an RPM ducktail and BBS LMs for mine.

We got a new bathroom instead :frustrated:

Phil 997 said:
paul987 said:
996lee said:
isysman said:

Paul
Heres a ducktail for the 996 4S

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod131450/Porsche-996-C4S-Rear-Duck-Tail--Ducktail--Spoiler/

or gt3tek in California do one that just goes in place of your pop up bit

http://www.gt3tek.com/PHP/lupa.php?id=996 bolt on Duck tail 2002-2004

Armando is a nice guy there and will happily ship to the UK, I have had stuff off him in the past.

:thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil, I quite like the look of the GT3TEK one.. I'm always worried about being stung on import tax. Or even worse it being lost by customs... yep that happened to me on a motorcycle undertray from Canada.. :nooo:

The design911 one I'm not sure of.. It doesnt look quite right for some reason... although Iirc the mold was based on a Ruf spoiler... I wish they would have some pics of one actually on a C4S :dont know:
I'm a picky fecker I know :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back