Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Crank Sensor

Tin man

I have a fault code P0371 which sounds like a faulty crank sensor. Can anyone advise if this can be replaced by a competent DIY mechanic. If so, does anyone have a drawing indicating the location and do I need to remove the rear bumper to access this?

Many thanks

John

I'm not sure where it is on the Gen2 but if it follows tradition from the previous 997 and 996 models it is easy to get to with ramps and sits just at the side of the bellhousing on the passenger side. One head bolt to remove and a connector just above.

Tried to replace the crank sensor today. What a difficult job! My mechanic managed to get the screw out, but the sensor should not budge! Unfortunately, I managed to break the sensor trying to get it out. Gearbox will now need to be removed. One expensive sensor! :eh!:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pazz
Back