Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 brake upgrades

I have a local machinist invloved with my conversion and he has a very basic cnc milling machine (though I believe he may have programmed it to do this).

I am literally about to collect the modified calipers and then will start work on custom brackets which I'll mock up with CAD (fitted in around other projects I'm working on).

I'd be happy to offer these to the forum but only once it's tested

Harv,

I would be keen on a set of brackets should all go well, although there MAY need to be slight modifications needed as I believe the C4S upright is different from that of a C2.

Lets us know when you have had your calipers machined and how it goes, do you mind me asking where your CNC guys is based?

If he has a program perhaps he would be interested in doing another set? :?:

If anybody wants to get a drawing done then I would be happy to make the brackets from it...I have my own cnc engineering business.

Wasn't there a thread on here recently about a C2 that 9e were setting up for track days.
I am sure they did a brake upgrade to the car.

Gents, regards the Griodiscs I fitted them to my B5 RS4 and found them very good. They are so much lighter than standard cast discs so help with unsprung weight as well. You can just replace discs as well and keep the bells. That was with 18Z Cayenne calipers.

They were 350mm 2mm thicker than std discs so again better for heat dissipation. I did around 5000 hard road miles and there was plenty of life left.

On that are there any mods required to fit the Giro sold for the C2 as if you going bigger disc surely you want bigger pads as well as Im assuming swept area increases?

340mm Giro discs use the standard caliper and pad, the discs come with spacers to move the caliper out to allow for the additional 22mm of disc.

Improvements would come from heat dissipation as oppose to pad contact area.

Giros are around £1k

where does the best deal on these girodiscs? and is there a rear setup to complement it? as my discs are getting a bit of a lip on them and are probably due a change soon
so wouldnt mind a better set both form and function covered there :thumb:

Just had a look at the price of the gyro disks on d911 and it's 450 quid per disk which seems a little steep to me

pcgb005 will get you 5% off at D911

9e are a Giro dealer, you could try them.

Group buy perhaps :?: :D

I always forget d911's prices are pre VAT so there even more expensive than said above
2160 for fronts and rears

Best money I ever spent! PAGID RS29s all round, total transformation! :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back