Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just had my 997.2 Basalt applied with PPF at Max Protect

Desert Dragon said:
911tom said:
seeforez said:
great job but i would think i could get it painted for less ?

My cars going for paint today and will be going for ppf as soon as possible. I had a front end spray 3 years ago and now it needs doing again. So yes re-paint is cheaper but the film future proofs.

You old tart - your cars an old warhorse - love the stone chips and battle scars :D

You are not wrong! But it deserves a pampering. Certainly won't stop me launching it down a runway, tracking it or driving it as Porsche intended!

Yeah PPF is expensive, But if the paint is good enough and you don't wanna be repainting all the time its probably worth it.

That said, Whats the age limit on PPF? It'll fade with age i'd imagine, or yellow. Just like aircraft erosion boots do - as its principally the same stuff.

neil_911 said:
Yeah PPF is expensive, But if the paint is good enough and you don't wanna be repainting all the time its probably worth it.

That said, Whats the age limit on PPF? It'll fade with age i'd imagine, or yellow. Just like aircraft erosion boots do - as its principally the same stuff.

apparently the yellowing is a thing of the past with a good quality PPF

seeforez said:
neil_911 said:

apparently the yellowing is a thing of the past with a good quality PPF - the thing that concerns me is if you damage the PPF it cant be touched up and will need replacing - i had it on my 996 and this happened on the bonnet got a small hole in the ppf and looked crap so i had to take it all off

If the car is a long term keeper I think PPF is worth it....less sure about it if you're getting it done on a car that you may only keep for one or two years.

If you're trading a car in to an OPC they'll assume it needs a front end re-spray and will have to remove the PPF so you'll likely get no extra value for it from them on trade-in. My OPC budgets £1500 on every car they take in for a front end respray...interestingly they've just started doing front end PPF on all their demo cars. I am guessing they've got a very good deal from whoever is doing it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back