Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Michelin tyres?

just bought 235/35 R19 and 305/30R19 MPS4S ... £1000 fitted from Blackcircles

RATATTAK said:
just bought 235/35 R19 and 305/30R19 MPS4S ... £1000 fitted from Blackcircles

Are these N2 rated? As I cannot see them on the site for porsche OE fitment?

Also Super Sports are non existent in N2 rated tyres?

Well thats what two tyre shops told me and it would be apparent online too

No they are not N rated - but if its a 15yr old N rated design or a new non N rated design that is universally reviewed as being leagues ahead - you pays yer money etc...

Its not like you are fitting LingLongs :)

There is some debate as to whether Michelin will get them rated - I am dubious about this as why would you bother certifying a tyre for a manufacturer who hasn't sold cars that use that size for 5+ years...

redbaron1973 said:
No they are not N rated - but if its a 15yr old N rated design or a new non N rated design that is universally reviewed as being leagues ahead - you pays yer money etc...

Its not like you are fitting LingLongs :)

There is some debate as to whether Michelin will get them rated - I am dubious about this as why would you bother certifying a tyre for a manufacturer who hasn't sold cars that use that size for 5+ years...

What about the speed rating for the newer michelin brands. I thought N2 was partly to do with the speedrating too? (I could be wrong)

I got a pair of PS2's on the weekend. I was contemplating getting the supersports but the guy in a well known tyre shop was dead against it?

Even though they aren't N rated, they are way ahead of the available N rated tyres. As per a previous post, can't see why Michelin would bother getting them N rated. Only reason I used N rated before is because the OPC warranty requires them......

turv996 said:
Will be interested to see how big a jump they are from Pirelli P Zeros, particularly in the wet.

I went from P Zeros and the difference is staggering. Like driving a completely different car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back