Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

THINKING OF SELLING MY 997 aero?

Gaz, there must be a good reason or a hankering for something else to make you want to part with such a lovely example of a 997.1 .

Hi Phil I have a few reasons really, this car is beautiful throughout, however it does not get used, I really need the room.
I race cars too and need my racecar where the Porsche sits and cannot work on the car with it been in my way.
I don't have the means to store it elsewhere without it creating problems for me or risking getting it damaged the Porsche that is.
I think if I had the room it would not be for sale.
It's a simple case of need the rooom 😂.
This was the car I searched for if you remember after regretting it last time!lol 😂😂.
Do you think this car will go up in value then?

Thats a very nice looking 997, the added Aero makes it special :thumb:

997GAZ said:
Hi Phil I have a few reasons really, this car is beautiful throughout, however it does not get used, I really need the room.
I race cars too and need my racecar where the Porsche sits and cannot work on the car with it been in my way.
I don't have the means to store it elsewhere without it creating problems for me or risking getting it damaged the Porsche that is.
This was the car I searched for if you remember after regretting it last time!lol 😂😂.

Gaz I just remember reading about how you tracked it down and rebourght it after searching and nothing else came close. you were so hacked off at selling it the first time. I just think you will regret it but fully understand the reasoning behind why. I think they will remain static in the short term . no idea what will happen long term a lot depends on if Porsche start to make 911s again or continue with this fat small engined eco GTcar disguised as a 911. That will dictate what happens to prices as the 997 model might become the last of the proper big engined small sports car 911s :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
997GAZ said:

Gaz I just remember reading about how you tracked it down and rebourght it after searching and nothing else came close. you were so hacked off at selling it the first time. I just think you will regret it but fully understand the reasoning behind why. I think they will remain static in the short term . no idea what will happen long term a lot depends on if Porsche start to make 911s again or continue with this fat small engined eco GTcar disguised as a 911. That will dictate what happens to prices as the 997 model might become the last of the proper big engined small sports car 911s :thumb:
ha yes thats right i tracked it down,one in a million chance and i found her and now thinking of parting with her,WTF haha.
Not an easy decision and if i do sell il always regret it and always think about it,ive had hundreds of cars but this one for some reason has something about it.
who knows but it drives me mad too this car haha its certainley an iconic porsche and the wheel on it gives it a retro feel.
i guess il see what interest i get and take it from there,ive already been told a few times that they want it but nobody has the money cash yet,haver cars to sell or need finances sorting ect.
we shal see but i will say if they dont buy it soon i might find a way of keeping it haha.
a pleasure chatting mate :)

Book worth extras wrote in it.

Attachments

• img_0760_927.jpg
    img_0760_927.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 2,111
I've put the car on flea bay and I've had several offers but not in any rush to sell so if there are any takers let me know , going in for its major service Thursday so I might end up changing my mind once I go for a spin 😂.
Cheers guys

Just had it major service done 😁

Hi my car has just had its major service done, had the belts done , plugs and brake fluid done at a cost of £627.00.
So Sadlley she is ready to go.
I don't want to sell but like my post states I simply need the room so hopefully some lucky guy or girl will get my pride and joy.
Here is the flea bay listing lol.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202092640407

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back