Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saggy seats...

g911omr

Nurburgring
Now then, the front seats in my 996 are a tad saggy. Drivers worse than passenger. Any one got any suggestions? The leather is a great condition but it feels as though the base of the seat may have lost something over the years.

Looked into this briefly myself.

The new foam padding can be had for circa £80 I think, bit of a job to swap it but not impossible.

Any idea where to get it from? Cheers

The other option is to get a auto retrimmer to sort it :thumb:

When I was considering a 928 I found a retrimmer in the states called Paul Champagne (I think) who sold various Porsche cushions and bolsters etc, as well as trim pieces you can have shipped over for a local trimmer to fit...

JS1500 said:
When I was considering a 928 I found a retrimmer in the states called Paul Champagne (I think) who sold various Porsche cushions and bolsters etc, as well as trim pieces you can have shipped over for a local trimmer to fit...

Seems his site may have been taken down. Shame if he's no longer doing this, I was intending to use him for an eventual retrim of the 996.

g911omr said:
Any idea where to get it from? Cheers

Design 911 have all the exploded diagrams on their site to track down the part number.

Then a call/email to your local friendly OPC parts man normally results in a cheaper price in my experience. :thumbs:

Cheers.

I'll give that a go.

+1 for OPC. I got replacements for a 997 for around £65 as I recall...

Right. I've had another look and it doesn't look or feel like the foam has gone in the seats. It is really just the leather that has possibly stretched a bit. They are ruffled which makes it look worse than it really is. I'd say that they just need a a bit of a face lift..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back