Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Webbing --------

nikos525 said:
Thanks J,
I'm leaning more towards the red ones. Was reading that the yellow belts are a pain to keep clean and after seeing a few pics I can see how dirty they look compared to red ones.

Red is nice :thumb: I guess yellow is also nice but depends on the theme of your car like the colour scheme and what goes.. I just dropped off my seat belts this morning and they said a few days they will call me to collect so am looking to get them back wednesday/Thursday. Go back there early morning and hopefully fit them back in the car Saturday if weather permits 😁

J

-- 997 -- said:
nikos525 said:
Thanks J,
I'm leaning more towards the red ones. Was reading that the yellow belts are a pain to keep clean and after seeing a few pics I can see how dirty they look compared to red ones.

Red is nice :thumb: I guess yellow is also nice but depends on the theme of your car like the colour scheme and what goes.. I just dropped off my seat belts this morning and they said a few days they will call me to collect so am looking to get them back wednesday/Thursday. Go back there early morning and hopefully fit them back in the car Saturday if weather permits 😁

J

Looking forward to seeing pics J, Good job grabbing the bull by the horns and getting on with it. mine are being done end of this week and back on Saturday as well. :thumb:

nikos I am going for a sort of electric royal blue to go with my aqua body colour :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
nikos525 said:
Thanks J,

J

Looking forward to seeing pics J, Good job grabbing the bull by the horns and getting on with it. mine are being done end of this week and back on Saturday as well. :thumb:

nikos I am going for a sort of electric royal blue to go with my aqua body colour :thumb:
Phil that will tie in nicely with all your interior colour coding, unfortunately with everything being black in mine I need some contrast or maybe just some colour in my life :lol:

nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
nikos525 said:
Thanks J,

J

Phil that will tie in nicely with all your interior colour coding, unfortunately with everything being black in mine I need some contrast or maybe just some colour in my life :lol:

Nik I agree and I think your call on red will contrast nicely, black and red always looks good , silver to match the galvarno interior trim is an option as well . :thumb: won't mention acid green :floor:

Boba fett said:
I want to do this, did you remove the front seats... :?:

No you don't have to take seats out, just move seats forward and lumber so you have more room to swing a rat........

nikos525 said:
J did you disconnect the negative terminal of your battery?

I took out the rear seat belts, loosen the front seat belt bolts so I can unwind by hand, then drove the car back into the garage switch car off and disconnected the battery and waited 10 mins then went back into car and disconnected the plugs from seatbelts then unwind the bolt and pulled out the seat belts both side.. when I get the belts back I'll do the same thing plug back in and wind bolts up and then I'll connect battery then drive car out to finish the belts and put panels back.. this way I won't get a seatbelt fault warning which means I'll need PIWIS to reset at OPC....

Phil 997 said:

Cheers :thumb: doing these mods transform the interior and makes it look nice also, something different !! Hopefully you gets back soon and get them fitted, would look nice to see your results.. and post pictures here :D I'd thought maybe you would go for red belts??

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Boba fett said:

No you don't have to take seats out, just move seats forward and lumber so you have more room to swing a rat........

nikos525 said:

I took out the rear seat belts, loosen the front seat belt bolts so I can unwind by hand, then drove the car back into the garage switch car off and disconnected the battery and waited 10 mins then went back into car and disconnected the plugs from seatbelts then unwind the bolt and pulled out the seat belts both side.. when I get the belts back I'll do the same thing plug back in and wind bolts up and then I'll connect battery then drive car out to finish the belts and put panels back.. this way I won't get a seatbelt fault warning which means I'll need PIWIS to reset at OPC....

Phil 997 said:

Cheers :thumb: doing these mods transform the interior and makes it look nice also, something different !! Hopefully you gets back soon and get them fitted, would look nice to see your results.. and post pictures here :D I'd thought maybe you would go for red belts??

Cheers

J

I like the idea of the dark red you mentioned mate :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Boba fett said:

nikos525 said:

Phil 997 said:

Cheers

J

I like the idea of the dark red you mentioned mate :thumb:

Why not do your belts in RED, unless it's too late? I guess it would stand out more as will break your interior colour down?, when I dropped the belts off, the geezer showed be about a thousand samples in colours and styles, and showed me the ones which are the GT3 types that all goes for, and QuickFit belts calls ,the colour of the belts Caliper Red :grin: strange!!

J

So guys, who is the best to use, we have 2 companies quoted here ??

Boba I'm going to use Quickfit, purely because they are only about a 30min drive from me.
If I connect the battery after removing the belts but don't put the key in the ignition will I still get the dash warning?
The reason I ask is that when I had my new steering wheel installed my indie didn't remove the negative lead & there was no warning lights, he said its when you put the key in the ignition you will get the warning, he went on to install the wheel with no issues what so ever.

What a service from QuickFit Seatbelts.....

Gave the seatbelts in Monday (yesterday) and got a phone call to say they are ready.. picked them up today (Tuesday)...

Picture below.... Will be fitting them this saturday...

Quick fit Seatbelts are really efficient and professional, they also carry out seatbelt mods for formula racing etc.....

J

Attachments

• rps20171024_195105_109.jpg
    rps20171024_195105_109.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 4,201
Just removed all my seat belts, I would not call it easy, If your are a borrower, maybe, but I have found something out about myself - a contortionist is not for me.

So be prepared for back ache, neck ache, A$$e ache and ball ache if you are more than knee high to a grasshopper !! If you have a Piano black C/console and Seat backs make sure you book a physiotherapy appointment in advance.

Inside of my car looks like Kim Jong-Un has used it for testing :what: :what: :frustrated:

-- 997 -- said:
What a service from QuickFit Seatbelts.....

Gave the seatbelts in Monday (yesterday) and got a phone call to say they are ready.. picked them up today (Tuesday)...

Picture below.... Will be fitting them this saturday...

Quick fit Seatbelts are really efficient and professional, they also carry out seatbelt mods for formula racing etc.....

J
Those look spot on J :thumbs:

Boba fett said:
Just removed all my seat belts, I would not call it easy, If your are a borrower, maybe, but I have found something out about myself - a contortionist is not for me.

So be prepared for back ache, neck ache, A$$e ache and ball ache if you are more than knee high to a grasshopper !! If you have a Piano black C/console and Seat backs make sure you book a physiotherapy appointment in advance.

Inside of my car looks like Kim Jong-Un has used it for testing :what: :what: :frustrated:

:floor: :floor: That's why James the local mobile Porsche tech is doing mine, As the last time I entered my car face first I needed the AA re remove me :grin: :thumb: I am using FDTS seatbelts only because I know someone who has used them and was very happy and its handy to a job James is doing, so he can drop them off and collect later in the day. I do believe the webbing is from the same supplier they both use so both should do a great job and use the best grade webbing. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back