Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moving on from Porsche !

Rhodris-dad said:
4 years ago, when I was selling my 996C2 (Hartech rebuild), I got a quote from "we buy any car" out of curiosity.

They offered £8K........I sold the car for £15k privately.

A London Indy had offered £13k.........OPC £12k.

So I find it surprising that they have come up trumps.

But I expect if they ripped everybody off, they would have gone out of business by now.
WBAC is owned by British Car Auctions so their cars go through BCA. It always amazed me how they got away with advertising that they'll give you more than you'll get in p/x when it'll most likely be a dealer buying it from BCA anyway (obviously paying more than WBAC gave Jo Public for it). They seem to have changed their marketing now to simply highlight the simplicity of the deal, leaving you free to do the things you enjoy. I know the chap at our local wbac and it's heartbreaking how little he's bought some Porsches for this summer! And remember, the price they quote online is unlikely to be what you get once he's kicked the tyres and sucked his teeth a bit... There are anomalies though and very occasionally they pay well :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back