Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 OWNERS SURVEY, which 993 do/did you own ??

993 OWNERS SURVEY...which 993 do / did you own ??

• Total voters
She's finally mine & I can't believe it's actually happened. The 993's beauty has been growing on me, especially the shape of the door & the stunning wheel arches which on the C2 or C4 S model are nothing short of art.

I'd been looking without any serious intent to buy, and having driven a C2S in October 2013, I felt the pedals and air cooled engine a little too much like hard work. I told myself that my ultra low mileage 996 turbo was a far easier and more punchy car to drive. I also felt, and this is purely personal, that any car owned by 5 or 6 people was not one I wanted to own .. (& I know that should not be the case). I could not understand why such a legend of a car would change hands so regularly.

Then 'my calling appeared', like a magnet to my eyes ! A one owner C4S with 60,000 miles & full service history. I was at the garage within two hours, and yes, the driving seemed a little different. I knew this was my moment, my only chance ! I agreed the price, subject to an independent Porsche centre checking the car.

It was given a clean bill of health. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop every time I think of her or see her gorgeous haunches. Finding a reason to listen to that gorgeous air cooled 6, feel that smooth varioram power delivery & I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat !

I never thought it would happen ... But am delighted it has !

Attachments

• image_854.jpg
    image_854.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 22,579
I'm into my 10th year of ownership of a 1995 (MY96) varioram Carrera 4

Surprised by density of C2 cars here

recently added a C2S vesuvio to join my C4S X51

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member