Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carbon Fibre RS Heater Duct

Fabspeed RS heat duct

What are people's thoughts on this ? Need to decide whether to keep it on the car, or have the blower motor assembly reinstalled...

Any thoughts ?

There are fixes to get the front blowers to work at full speed when the rear blower is removed. I have no probs with mine now following advice from ToreB. The neatest solution and infallible requires a tricky little soldering job. Other fixes either didn't work, were intermittent or drained the battery.
If the tube is a pia to fit, a turbo model rubber ring helps alignment of the lower part and some trimming of the upper to get a snug fit to the cowl, early 993 or 964. Strangely the rear blower is probably more use in keeping the engine cool as with the mod the cabin keeps nice and warm in winter.

Endoman said:
There are fixes to get the front blowers to work at full speed when the rear blower is removed. I have no probs with mine now following advice from ToreB. The neatest solution and infallible requires a tricky little soldering job. Other fixes either didn't work, were intermittent or drained the battery.
If the tube is a pia to fit, a turbo model rubber ring helps alignment of the lower part and some trimming of the upper to get a snug fit to the cowl, early 993 or 964. Strangely the rear blower is probably more use in keeping the engine cool as with the mod the cabin keeps nice and warm in winter.

Thanks - so on balance do you think better to put the blower back in ? Or keep the carbon pipe ?

Its easier to stick the rear blower back on and in these cold damp months far less hassle.

Tobesetc, this is what I've been taking about.

Having run this over the winter, it takes about another 30 secs to a minute to get the heat going but after that never been an issue since installation.

Picture below of the trumpet cars...

Attachments

• b90d0e52_e810_4a26_a350_957c1217be79_475.jpg
    b90d0e52_e810_4a26_a350_957c1217be79_475.jpg
    939.6 KB · Views: 4,155
This isn't a mod that lights my fire, I'm afraid. I like nice warm heated cars!

Much more inclined to delete the headlight washers, as they look ugly. Although, a nice bit of CF in the engine bay is always cool...

Removing the rear fan will not only reduce the cabin heating possibilities, but also disperse with extra engine cooling when it is needed. The rear fan helps to cool the engine when heated air to the cabin is not needed, both while driving, but also after ignition off.
I always recommend to keep the fan. Personally, I have almost infinitely more weight reduction potential with a diet than a removed rear fan assembly. I've seen 18 stone guys removing the spoiler control unit (and wiring) to reduce the weight on their racing car.
Cheers,
Tore

Wayne Schofield also advises to keep it on.

Anyone else think it would look better in metal or plastic?

Carbon fibre has never seemed right to me on a 993 (inside or out).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back