Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 Turbo wheels

easternjets said:
I've looked at them again and they're really in not great shape and after the advice I'll give them a miss.
Still think it would look great with a set of 20"'s on! :thumb:

Mate I think that's a good call especially on our roads . I agree the theory of 20" filling the arch etc is great but not if it makes the car unpleasant to drive .
Over the past few years I have also considered 20s for the same reason as you but everywhere and everyone said noooo not on a 997. so I have avoided doing it.
It did make me smile the offers from your carlberg mates :thumb: :thumb:

With mates like this who needs beer?

Thought this thread might dissolve into an entertainment channel for some!

The Sharkwerks is a bit of hooligan, others on this thread have heard it in anger and it certainly wakes the neighbours!
Lot cheaper than a Kline and no re map or fitting issues, took me about an hour or two to fit, even OPC were asking about it. :thumb:

20" are defo Panamera.

And there are loads of fake ones about...and I mean loads! Do not trust what everyone says on eBay, get proof :judge:

I'd just lower and paint yours if you are bored 8)

:thumb:

Jcx said:
So Nick, are you bored of the beast already?

Absolutely NOT, I really can't fault the car at all.
We all went out on a run at the weekend and it's one seriously quick A to B car. Don't get me wrong there are just a few little things I wanted to do but I wanted to make them easily reversible if I did sell.
Plus on top of that you get to meet a decent bunch of guys :thumb:

easternjets said:
Jcx said:
So Nick, are you bored of the beast already?

Absolutely NOT, I really can't fault the car at all.
We all went out on a run at the weekend and it's one seriously quick A to B car. Don't get me wrong there are just a few little things I wanted to do but I wanted to make them easily reversible if I did sell.
Plus on top of that you get to meet a decent bunch of guys :thumb:

:)

Just seen these on a Gen 2 that's for sale on P/H's, nice!

Attachments

• porsche_gen_2_fuchs_alloys_154.jpg
    porsche_gen_2_fuchs_alloys_154.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,380
Hmmm, I may not be too fashionable here, but I think the OE wheels look best by a long chalk.

easternjets said:

always wanted a set of those on mine and keep toying with the idea of a 3rd set of alloys !

the rears look like they need spacers though as they don't quite look right??

slackster said:
easternjets said:

always wanted a set of those on mine and keep toying with the idea of a 3rd set of alloys !

the rears look like they need spacers though as they don't quite look right??

They do look inset a bit when you compare them to the originals on the SC...

Attachments

• ireland_1_100.jpg
    ireland_1_100.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 1,253

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back