Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3

Thanks for the messages, I'm only after a MK1, I prefer the overall look and wing/wheels. I'm not so much of a MK2 fan and the 997 is a bit too clinical if that makes sense.

Makes total sense, I see the mk1 as a genuine classic and IMO a bargain when compared with its aircooled brethren :grin:

ditchvisitor said:
Thanks for the messages, I'm only after a MK1, I prefer the overall look and wing/wheels. I'm not so much of a MK2 fan and the 997 is a bit too clinical if that makes sense.
Perfectly understandable; ultimately, with cars like these, no matter what other people says, or even what your own head says, the deciding vote has to go to the heart and soul.

I can 100% understand how and why head, heart and soul would favour a 996.1 GT3. They are truly unique.

Thanks to Tom and Terry at 911V for answering all my questions, being exceptionally helpful and making it an all round great buying experience, the decision has been made, deposit paid and it will be a long 3 week wait until I collect! Rather excited!

jTC3V7I.jpg

Fantastic, congratulations! Absolute stunner!

MJA911 said:
Fantastic, congratulations! Absolute stunner!

Thank you, and thanks for all the help/advice, I'm looking forward to being on the forum more and will get along to as many meets/events as I can. Are there any particular ones next year that are good to go to?

Mike

We have an informal 'West London/East M4" group from this forum that is overdue a meet up, we've gone to various places but our 'home" meeting has been the Wetherspoons on the M40 for breakfast on a Sunday. Maybe that's not too far from you, so worth looking out for that.

Other than that sort of thing, examples are the Simply Porsche meet at Beulieu in June and the Goodwood Porsche charity meet that just happened, but there are plenty of other things happening in the meetings subforum to think about.

Excellent! I'm near Wallingford so just off the M40.

Welcome to MK1 GT3 club...

Looks a nice one, and being from 911v I bet it is..

Daniel said:
Welcome to MK1 GT3 club...

Looks a nice one, and being from 911v I bet it is..

Thanks! It's is stunning, totally original and in impeccable condition, the last two owners were best mates who combined have owned it for the last 14 years. As you alluded too, 911V rightly have an excellent reputation and I feel very confident and happy with the purchase.

ditchvisitor said:
As you alluded too, 911V rightly have an excellent reputation and I feel very confident and happy with the purchase.
Congratulations on the car.

When I began looking for my (997) GT3, I was advised by someone who I trust implicitly that 911V were one of the names to be trusted and that he'd known a number of people who'd agreed purchases over the 'phone, sight unseen from them.

Since the name and shame threads often get taken offline eventually, the only thing 'we' can do is sing the praises of the good guys. I did not buy from 911V, as it happens, but rather from JZM, who I would also be extremely happy to recommend.

Many congrats on the purchase DV.

Looks like a stunning car and no doubt you'll really enjoy it - just stay out of the bushes!!

Please do keep us posted with progress.

All the best NH :thumb:

Thanks Nick!

The car is currently at Porsche Torque having a service/MOT and a few other bits. The date is set for collection, the garage is cleaned/floor tiles down, the CTEK, dehumidifier and car cover are sorted or on their way! Can't wait!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back