Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any suitable ramps for C4S?

peterg1955 said:
toffeeman said:
peterg1955 said:
Well thank you for pointing me at that one on eBay, they accepted my offer of £825 so I've saved £510, happy days! and I owe you a virtual pint or two :clap: :thumbs:

Congrats, Peter. I'm really pleased for you. :thumb:

I look forward to an update thread when you get to grips with it. That's a hell of a good price as well.

Yeah, it's very good price and he's offered to deliver it as I'm only 10 miles away and he has an empty work van going out next week. :thumbs:

The planets certainly aligned for you on this deal. Good spot by Tony.

stucart said:
Sorry if this has been done before, but I'd like a set of ramps so can get underneath, obviously need low entry height, seen the plastic ones but not sure. The 305 Tyres probably mean steel ones won't work.
Anyone use any?

I use these - http://raceramp.co.uk

Their design allows wide types to straddle the ramps a bit. Not a problem.

Karl.

Got beaten to the Ebay Quick Ramps, good price you got them for Peterg be interested on seeing pics with Porsche up in air!
Karl which Race ramps you actually use, there seem to be a lot of types ( and they're expensive) ?

stucart said:
...Karl which Race ramps you actually use, there seem to be a lot of types ( and they're expensive) ?

I bought the RR-56-2 56" Ramps:

race-ramps-56-2-dim.jpg

They're not cheap. But their key advantages are:

1) Very light weight
2) Because they can be split apart (each ramp is a 2-piece assembly, for a total of 4 pieces), they're easier to store
3) When I had a BMW 135i, if I recall correctly I could carry 3 out of the 4 pieces into the boot, and the last piece in the cabin (never tried getting them into the 997.2...)

This article will help you chose the a given ramp angle:

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2017/02/09/race-ramps-car-and-trailer-ramps/

But I can tell you that the above model works just fine (front & rear) on my 2010 C2S with standard PASM.

Karl.

peterg1955 said:
Well thank you for pointing me at that one on eBay, they accepted my offer of £825 so I've saved £510, happy days! and I owe you a virtual pint or two :clap: :thumbs:

Glad to hear you got a bargain!

Look forward to the photos of them in action! :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
peterg1955 said:

Glad to hear you got a bargain!

Look forward to the photos of them in action! :thumb:

Yeah, thanks very much for pointing me at that eBay listing Tony, the delivery fell through as he got called away for work so I collected them this afternoon (from a place a mile from where I used to live in Church Crookham!) it was certainly meant to be :worship:

I will try to get pics in the next week or so but just from moving them from the 'boot' of my car (ie Honda Jazz, rear seats and front passenger seat folded flat) they were just inches from the dashboard... the boxes are nearly 7ft long and very heavy - the photo on the box shows a (presumably very strong) guy with a ramp in each hand :eek: I, on the other hand can just about lift one and carry it a few yards :dont know: :floor:

Edited to add: the ramps are 34kgs each, that's five and a half stone! so roughly half my weight each... not being a powerfully built director type (5'7" and 61 years old) it's no wonder I found them a bit of a handful :eh!:

They are really well put together with small wheels on one end of each ramp so you can walk them around the garage/driveway fairly easily and have dry break connectors on the hydraulic hoses. There are two sets of rubber blocks to put under each jacking point, 1 set approx. 2" high and the other 4" and they can be stacked to get the car even higher.

The pump comes on its own stand and has a good handle to make it easy to carry around. The only version sold in the UK are 12v driven so you can either use the car's own battery or use a spare battery or jump pack and jump leads.

The only thing not supplied with this set are the handles to pull the ramps out towards you from under the car before lifting it but I have friends who can knock me up something suitable for a couple of beers :thumbs:

peterg1955 said:
... not being a powerfully built director type

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that brings back memories! haha - A Piston Heads highlight for me that was :D

Bump
Any pics yet.

Just saw another solution from these guys: http://liftbars.com/

Seems to be a simple/quick method for putting your car up on jackstands. Here's an example of a 928 being lifted...

LiftBarAni.gif

Anyone in the UK doing something similar?

Karl.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back