Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This one seems to be hanging around...

squelch

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1178/997GT3Gen2/

This one did show as "deposit taken" a good few weeks ago and then appeared for sale again a week or so later. A little up on miles perhaps, but only 2 former keepers and certainly one of the cheaper (if not the cheapest) Gen 2's on the market so I'm wondering why it's not sold. I'm curious - does someone know something I don't?

Gt3

I'm afraid you won't be able to dig up any dirt on the car because there isn't any. An original panelled, cherished and unmolested Gen 2 GT3 with a decent spec and a substantial service history. No incursions in any of the 6 Rev ranges, mechanically and cosmetically spot on. The sale fell through for reasons unrelated to the car. Put that popcorn away jotaking
Tom 911Virgin :hand:

05-man-bites-dog-tn1.gif

*for those on who the reference is lost: no story here. Outstanding car was for sale. Someone went to buy it. Changed their mind. Outstanding car back for sale. Happens. The end. :thumb:

Ooooh, this is building up nicely :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

What car is it? Oh, never mind....

Re: Gt3

Tom, I like it and I'm sure it's 100%

TomH said:
No incursions in any of the 6 Rev ranges:hand:

Not even range 1?

IIRC range 1 to 3 can register during pretty normal use?

A car with any mileage on it will have a rev range in 1, let alone a sports GT car with 33K?

It's a stunning car from possible the best used Porsche dealer in this area. I've seen it a couple of times in the flesh and it's very nice.

It will sell all day long. :thumb:

Lovely looking car - Atlas grey with weissgold wheels it a killer combo IMHO - good price, well-known, trusted dealer.

My take is there were only ever two things working against this car:
1. a slightly newer (now sold - to the same buyer?) example that appeared at JZM
2. front axle lift

The former issue is now gone, that latter is just one of those curious contentious things where some say you don't want a GT3 without it and others say, it's £10k worth of stuff to go wrong.

Of course, I could be way off the mark.

Re: Gt3

jotaking said:
Tom, I like it and I'm sure it's 100%

TomH said:
No incursions in any of the 6 Rev ranges:hand:

Not even range 1?

IIRC range 1 to 3 can register during pretty normal use?

A car with any mileage on it will have a rev range in 1, let alone a sports GT car with 33K?

Not even range 1.
DME data as of 09:15am today (13/10/2017) is as follows :-
Nmax for range 1................0
Nmax for range 2................0
Nmax for range 3................0
Nmax for range 4................0
Nmax for range 5................0
Nmax for range 6................0
Operating hours Total 895.2
Average speed from day one 37.02 mph

Not widely known but the DME on the 997 GT3 records redline and missed gear activity differently to other Porsche cars. There are a number of 997 GT3's kicking about with 0 incursions in any of the 6 rev ranges but this does not mean they haven't been to the limiter. Bouncing off the limiter in a 997 GT3 with either the sport button on or off (hard and soft limiter) will leave no trace of said event on the DME. A recording in range 1 will only be achieved with a genuine fluffed / missed gear. Consequently, rev range activity past 2 on a 997 GT3 should be considered more relevant than on other Porsche's.

Tom 911Virgin

Diggermeister said:
Lovely looking car - Atlas grey with weissgold wheels it a killer combo IMHO - good price, well-known, trusted dealer.

My take is there were only ever two things working against this car:
1. a slightly newer (now sold - to the same buyer?) example that appeared at JZM
2. front axle lift

The former issue is now gone, that latter is just one of those curious contentious things where some say you don't want a GT3 without it and others say, it's £10k worth of stuff to go wrong.

Of course, I could be way off the mark.

To answer your points :-
1) To the best of my knowledge our prospective buyer wouldn't have bought the JZM car given a serious car accident (in one of his other Porsche cars) was the reason for pulling out of his purchase of ours.
2) Our car has front lift. I see it as an important option on a Gen 2 GT3. If there is a concern about it going wrong put a Porsche warranty on the car for approx £1200 and its covered in addition to all other warrantied items on the vehicle.

Tom

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back