Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996tt to 997.1 GT3 - finally gone and done it!

Congratulations on your new car. You will love it. Had ine for 5 years now. Great combination black wheels and yellow calipers.
Enjoy her.
Darren

Attachments

• car_side_950.jpg
    car_side_950.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 7,126
m119cars, I'd done the deal with them and put a deposit down the day before the coffee morning, so they'd likely have shunted it out of the showroom to make space for something still for sale.

I wasn't really looking for a white car, more that I was definitely keen on Club Sport spec, but I actually think the combo - with the black wheels and yellow calipers - is pretty cool. And the interior:

evz2fZu7.jpg

Evodarren, nice car! Do you track yours and what brakes are you running?

A great place to be.
Brings the memories flooding back of my car seeing that interior. :thumbs:

There's a few buzzing around my way early on Sunday mornings - look and sound magnificent :thumbs:

Diggermeister said:
m119cars, I'd done the deal with them and put a deposit down the day before the coffee morning, so they'd likely have shunted it out of the showroom to make space for something still for sale.

I wasn't really looking for a white car, more that I was definitely keen on Club Sport spec, but I actually think the combo - with the black wheels and yellow calipers - is pretty cool. And the interior:

evz2fZu7.jpg

Evodarren, nice car! Do you track yours and what brakes are you running?

Hi, No only done a few charity days around the topgear track for the childrens trust.
Im still running standard pads. Still on original set. 85% left accordung to Porsche.

Desert Dragon said:
Best looking GT3 for me the 997.1 mk1 especially in that colour and spec - enjoy :thumb:
Cheers! Will do.

There is currently a very short To Do list:
* paint protection
* brake discs
* book track days

kas750 said:
A great place to be.

Is that an aftermarket NAV in the dash an how's it attached? I was considering getting a removable one that does NAV and bluetooth.

Such phenomenal cars. I've never driven mine without Sport engaged. Apparently it slightly loosens the TC and of course opens the exhaust flaps = ALWAYS PRESS :grin:

Enjoy
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Diggermeister said:
kas750 said:
A great place to be.

Is that an aftermarket NAV in the dash an how's it attached? I was considering getting a removable one that does NAV and bluetooth.
Yes it's a Tom Tom on a cd phone holder

Lots pretty neat and in obtrusive. Would still leave my PCM relatively unobstructed for trip computer stuff. Might investigate!

Diggermeister said:
There is currently a very short To Do list:
* paint protection
* brake discs
* book track days

teacher.gif

Dear 911uk,

Please take note...

shout.gif

THIS IS A TO DO LIST!!!
respect.gif

I thank you
tophat.gif

You can leave the paint protection if you want to

Very nice :thumbs:

I believe the go-to steel equivalents for you ceramics would still be the Alcons, i'm not aware of anything that's come along recently to steal their crown

Good luck with the car hope you enjoy driving it, they're great fun and really addictive :thumb:

Ps it won't be long before that to do list grows :grin:

Thanks Roro. Yes, Alcon are just a short drive away from me - I'd not realised - so would be good to support local Midlands industry.

I'm sure the inevitable agenda creep will hit the list!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back