Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 S from Border Reivers: engine failure

Update

Hi All,
Just a quick update. The final decision came through today from the Ombudsman and they have upheld my complaint.

Thats it now over and done with, great outcome but 8 months of pain and stress ....

Once I have everything settled will provide a full update of how this process worked, might help someone else in future.

Re: Update

kye_997 said:
Hi All,
Just a quick update. The final decision came through today from the Ombudsman and they have upheld my complaint.

Thats it now over and done with, great outcome but 8 months of pain and stress ....

Once I have everything settled will provide a full update of how this process worked, might help someone else in future.

Great result, will look forward to your next post, hopefully a lot of buyers can learn from this.

Swamps :)

Re: Update

kye_997 said:
Hi All,

Well done. Still scratching my head how Border Reivers can look at themselves in the mirror.
:eh!:

Good to hear that update :thumb:

I would expect the sense of relief is massive..

:congrats:

Very pleased for you :friends:

B R seem to have a few bad reviews on here but yet they are made to look all rosy in 911&PW, bit of a joke really... :nooo:

Can't wait to hear all the juicy bits :grin:

:thumb:

garages

I often think that about the forums favourites HWM when I read the glowing reports in 911 and Porsche World!

Re: garages

stichill99 said:
I often think that about the forums favourites HWM when I read the glowing reports in 911 and Porsche World!

Glowing reports can always be bought I guess :bandit:

Bit like forum posts about a particular company/service which gets you a 5/10% discount :wack:

:thumb:

Aside from 'bought' PR in print, dealers are also pretty swift - on here, as well as elsewhere, like Pistonheads - to get unfavourable threads closed down. You have to do a lot of reading in between the lines to find anything about some places but, if you are there as and when the threads go live, you will see enough to make your own mind up pretty swiftly.

As for the safe route; well there are plenty of reviews of places that do the right thing by customers and have thereby earned very good reputations.

Diggermeister said:
As for the safe route; well there are plenty of reviews of places that do the right thing by customers and have thereby earned very good reputations.

:agree:

:flowers:

I had scoring on my 997s about 10 years ago, owned it for about 2 years.
I was about to lose alot but by the grace of God Tim Shaw phoned me up and purchased the car for what I wanted as they were stripping it down and rebuilding for some LA tv show.
I got very lucky.

However just a note about ombudsmen, we had a case with them a while back for £15000 which we believed we shouldn't have had to pay, we won the the company appealed and they overturned there decision.
So I lost all confidence with them, as it turned out we didnt pay anything as I was prepared to fight them in court as we were right and we had evidence the company lied with documents..

please you got a result, guess going with HPI rather than bank loans is the way to remain protected.

good job man, however I understand the garage in a way as when they sell it that is sold as scoring can happen anytime, but there again I get the OP he buys a car for a high cost and why should he be out of pocket afterall thats what warrenty is for...

My resolution would be, car collected by garage and full refund issued.

Holy Thread Revival, Batman :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back