Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine rebuilder.

alex yates said:
daz parker said:
Nice wheels but would of looked better in silver.

Only £260 to put that right and alloys usually need refurbing at some point. Very, very, very minor detail compared to the engine work most don't have.

Yep, agree with this.

It was a general comment about the wheels not the car for sale and it been a negative about the car.

Nice car, had all the big stuff done. Good price.

FYI, I paid £25k 3 year ago for a Hartech repaired C2S on 93,000 miles. Now on 103,000 not missed a beat.

Marky911 said:
Autofarm offer everything Hartech do and the owner doesn't sit scaring people on internet forums all day. :wink: That's who I'll use if I ever have to.

Not true on either count.

I pass no judgement on who does the better rebuilds, but they are very different rebuilds. Neither Hartech nor Autofarm offer everything that the other offers.

Baz from Hartech provides a lot of use info. Only cranks would think he sits around intending to scare people. In reality, he bites his tongue an awful lot.

This is the bore scope for are 911 2007, that I had done as part of the deal !!! lucky escape ???

Attachments

• img_7785_939.jpg
    img_7785_939.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,430
Yeah I've read your post and you couldn't have done it at a worse time!

I was just about got my confidence back sorted ha ha.

daz parker said:
Yeah I've read your post and you couldn't have done it at a worse time!

I was just about got my confidence back sorted ha ha.

Daz, have you been looking for long?

Yes and no.

I've been wanting a 911 for years so started reading up on them a bit and each time I found an excuse not to get one, kids too small, kids little bit bigger, bore scoring, ims exploding blah blah blah.

I said to myself when I sell this car I'm getting one, so that's gone and I'm hopefully picking one up Sunday. The kids will like it or lump it, I do have a family so it's not too bad but if I want to get use of of it the kids have to fit.

I decided to look for one with a hartech rebuild as I'm a bit of a stress head and it might of played on my mind. I'm very mechanical sympathetic though so it wouldn't be driver error.

You must remember the major rule of thumb:
1. don't go above 3k rpm until oil fully up to temp. (not water temp. gauge) - no gauge but when it's up to temp. pressure gauge is around 1 - 1.5 bar at tickover,
2. No sudden change of driving that may create sudden thermal damage to the right hand block - traffic light GPs when it's been sat idling for minutes, etc.

and most importantly:

3. Once up at temp and everything's pumping round as it should be..........drive it like you ****ing pants are on fire!!!!!!!!

DO NOT drive these cars like Miss Daisy, labouring the engine, tootling around in high gears under 2k rpm. They're designed to perform between 4k - 7k rpm, nothing less!!!!!

Follow these basic rules and fall in love with the best car you've ever owned :thumb:

^^^^^As Above ^^^^^

Yeah I'd read these done like been launched from the traffic lights which is what I assume most do?!?

Thrashing a cold engine is obviously not a good thing in general, but I don't think it's a factor for bore scoring.

It almost always happens to the one particular side of the engine - the one with more cooling issues. If thrashing a cold engine was a significant factor in bore scoring, you'd see a much more even distribution of scoring on both banks rather than it almost always being the hotter bank and indeed the hotter cylinders on that side of the engine.

:eek: Eh?

The cooling on bank 2 is not as efficient as bank 1. Therefore, creating a dramatic change in temp. Eg. Thrashing when cold, will create bank 2 to overheat and score.

pothole said:
Thrashing a cold engine is obviously not a good thing in general, but I don't think it's a factor for bore scoring.

It almost always happens to the one particular side of the engine - the one with more cooling issues. If thrashing a cold engine was a significant factor in bore scoring, you'd see a much more even distribution of scoring on both banks rather than it almost always being the hotter bank and indeed the hotter cylinders on that side of the engine.

Lol

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back