Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More advice on values...

Thanks again for the kind comments & input all - really appreciated. & it looks like a few of us are getting all grown up & doing sensible things at the same time...:sad:

Part of me is still hanging back on the phone calls to dealers & creating an ad as I know that once I do, that's may be it!! Though my plan is to sort it all by the end of the week.

But some great advice & interesting positives particularly in relation to a possible sale to an independent dealer. I think I'd prefer to sell outright as opposed to SOR. & I'm not looking forward to the "private add" rigmarole again either!

Good to hear that you've not gone mad after getting rid of the GT3 CS Marky911! But I know exactly what you mean; different things are important at different times in life & it's pointless dwelling on the past.

Anyhow must dash as I need to check my Zymol share value (eh DynoMike!) :grin:

Sadly, I don't live in Spain, so didn't win the £169M Euro lottery Friday.

If I had, believe me, I would have beaten a path to your door to purchase your car - it is absolutely stunning.

I appreciate that a lot of buyers don't like Cabrios, but I would have bought yours and kept my C4S Cabrio, as I think they are for 'different' people & you need to appreciate them.

Good luck with the sale & I look on enviously!

Best budget fun car once you sell would be a 996 C2/C4 (maybe cab, if you like that sort of thing)!

After owner a 996TT for 4 years, I found the frustration at being unable to use more than 10% of its performance too much to endure. The C2 I have now is much more usable (and not exactly slow...), more involving and more fun, more of the time. It also sounds way better (with PSE) and is still a great-looking car (my theory is the 996 was too modern for the beardy sandal-wearers, which is why it looks better and better with time).

EGTE said:
After owner a 996TT for 4 years, I found the frustration at being unable to use more than 10% of its performance too much to endure.

10% :eek:

Where do you live .... Sark :?:

Seriously, I get your point but it's very rare that you can use the full performance of any modern 911 in the UK, not just Turbos. Something like a small engined Cayman or a GT86 would give great fun for a lot less spend.

I've just been re-reading October's Porsche Post and there's a car very similar to yours in the Paragon advert.

Silver/Black, manual, 4/54, 63721 miles

They've got it up for £64,995.

This would suggest that they'd probably retail yours at £69,995 (or more) so if advertising it privately I'd probably start at £59,995.

As a straight sale to trade you should clear £55k.

Good Luck :thumb:

Well, I've finally mustered up the enthusiasm to get the car up for sale. It's not a great feeling this "dream car" selling malarkey is it? & it really is just that. :sad:

But, I'm old enough to know that for once I ought to be sensible!

I appreciate it's not the best time of year to be selling such machinery, but I'm in no rush to sell, so if it takes 10 - 15 years or so it's no biggie... :thumbs:

I decided (as a few folks suggested) that the 60k mark was about right considering it's in great nick & has the OPC warranty (which is sooo good - they did 3k of extra work during the major I had done last month). It's also a decent colour combo & an actual manual (a fair few are described as such, but are tips).

Anyhow, I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for the advice. I'm still undecided what I'd look at if I were to sell...

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back