Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My worst fears

jaychief

Well I had found my 911, 2007 manual C4S in grey with a few toys payed about £30k for it, part of the deal I asked for the bore to be checked and......

Attachments

• img_7785_111.jpg
    img_7785_111.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 4,865
To fair to the garage they gave me my money back, my search continues....

Nooo Alex don't show him that one!!!

I'm just not sure if I want c4 tbh but ticks every other box for my search.

Good that you got your money back. Hats off to the dealer for not trying to get out of that.

Good dealer!!! On this occasion instead of name and shame I believe it would be only right to name and praise.

What's the car and Registration so no one else buys it in good faith. :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
alex yates said:

Looks pretty good, except for the those wheels :yuk:

Factor in the cost for a quality refurbishment by Chris @Exel and it should be a nice car, with little left to go wrong in the short term. Price is a little strong for a private sale IMHO, should be negotiable.

Bargain for the work that's been done future proofing it. The wheels are a very minor detail compared to the 6-pack & IMS on the engine.

After this I am just going to wait for RSJ to get one, there cars all seem to have a clean bill health, with decent warranty

alex yates said:
TonyC911 said:
alex yates said:

Factor in the cost for a quality refurbishment by Chris @Exel and it should be a nice car, with little left to go wrong in the short term. Price is a little strong for a private sale IMHO, should be negotiable.

Bargain for the work that's been done future proofing it. The wheels are a very minor detail compared to the 6-pack & IMS on the engine.

Agree with Alex on this , Wheels are such a minor thing it shouldn't even come into the equation . Paint them ,change them whatever you want to do. the important things are the things to be considering :thumb:

jaychief said:
After this I am just going to wait for RSJ to get one, there cars all seem to have a clean bill health, with decent warranty

Gotta keep in mind though that any 997.1 may start scoring bores at any time, so even buying the most immaculate low mileage well-kept garage queen is no guarantee of what's round the corner.

alex yates said:
TonyC911 said:
alex yates said:

Agreed.

From the Porsche mechanics that I've spoke today both, from independent Porsche and Porsche official garage they have said it's mostly down to the driver causing the bore score of the engine......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back