Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3

ditchvisitor

I've just joined the forum and I'm in the market for a MK1 996 GT3, are there any standard ones available that anyone knows of that aren't being marketed currently?
Thanks!

This seems quite a direct, almost blunt first post for a newbie?

My initial feel was that this could be someone wanting to make a quick buck out of someone else. The 911uk community is very discerning and as in life it is courteous to introduce yourself and allow others to get to know you prior to doing any 'business'.

The mk1 GT3 is a rare car with limited numbers available at any time. Good low mileage examples are even more scarce and each car is likely to be known on here.

You don't give any details of your budget or expectations either so I'm not suprised that you have not been inundated with replies.

Tell us more?

Cheers, Keith.

Apologies I didn't mean to come across that way and it will be to keep and not make a quick buck. I've been a member on PH for probably 10 years, previously owned an 89 Carrera and a Boxster S and in the distant past worked at Southbound when I was at College and in University holidays, so safe to say I'm a big Porsche fan.

I very nearly bought one back on 2013 and am somewhat annoyed that I didn't, a friend of mine (Ben) used to own a speed yellow MK1 that I drove a few times and loved.

I viewed the black GT3 at 911V on Saturday and it's is immaculate and a stunning car, I was mainly wondering if anyone had or knew of anything else coming to market soon, otherwise I am probably going to go ahead with that.

Thanks!

With regards to what I'm looking for, a relatively low mileage car with good history, must be standard with buckets and not in silver.

ditchvisitor said:
I viewed the black GT3 at 911V on Saturday and it's is immaculate and a stunning car, I was mainly wondering if anyone had or knew of anything else coming to market soon, otherwise I am probably going to go ahead with that.

:welcome: to 911uk

911V have a great reputation on here.

Given the scarcity of your desired car I wouldn't dwell too long on making a decision.

Good Luck :thumb:

My mate bought his 996.2 GT3 from 911v almost 10 years ago, still has it to this day! Can't go wrong with Tom at 911v.

I should know, I bought my car from him. Sadly not a GT3 though! :lol:

:welcome:

When you do find one, due to how nice they are and getting rarer, I would hope you will leave it at the edge of the tarmac whilst you pursue the hobby hinted at by your username.

😄

PeterS said:
:welcome:

When you do find one, due to how nice they are and getting rarer, I would hope you will leave it at the edge of the tarmac whilst you pursue the hobby hinted at by your username.

😄

Haha indeed, that was a long time ago in my dim and distant past, a slight off-road excursion in an Elise! Thanks for the welcome, it seems like a friendly helpful place!

A warm welcome Ditchvisitor!

That is a stunning car at 911v. Remembering when I was in your position, I was keen to see and decide on the top contenders on my spreadsheet very quickly. Despite this, I was actually viewing my car whwn another telephone buyer called and wanted to take the car unseen.

911V don't get involved with cars below their high standard. Get it while you can or someone else will!

Good luck whatever you do.

Cheers, Keith.

jkeith said:
A warm welcome Ditchvisitor!

That is a stunning car at 911v. Remembering when I was in your position, I was keen to see and decide on the top contenders on my spreadsheet very quickly. Despite this, I was actually viewing my car whwn another telephone buyer called and wanted to take the car unseen.

911V don't get involved with cars below their high standard. Get it while you can or someone else will!

Good luck whatever you do.

Cheers, Keith.

Keith,

Thank you for the friendly reply, much appreciated, like you say 911V deservedly have a great reputation and having had a brief look at some other cars there they are all excellently prepared and presented. I will make my decision quickly!

Regards
Mike

ditchvisitor said:
Apologies I didn't mean to come across that way and it will be to keep and not make a quick buck. I've been a member on PH for probably 10 years, previously owned an 89 Carrera and a Boxster S and in the distant past worked at Southbound when I was at College and in University holidays, so safe to say I'm a big Porsche fan.

I very nearly bought one back on 2013 and am somewhat annoyed that I didn't, a friend of mine (Ben) used to own a speed yellow MK1 that I drove a few times and loved.

Thanks!

Welcome!

If it's the same Ben I am thinking of (he completely restored his car), I also drove his speed yellow car, and it was enough to convince me to buy a MK1.

Good luck with the search. As others have said, you can't go far wrong with 911V, lovely looking car.

That 996 GT3 is stunning indeed, can't see that you would go wrong with that one, but I'm a 911v customer so would say that! They were at their best as I went through the buyers stages with my GT3 in July. I'm sure they're giving you time and space to make your decision :thumb:

MJA911 said:
That 996 GT3 is stunning indeed, can't see that you would go wrong with that one, but I'm a 911v customer so would say that! They were at their best as I went through the buyers stages with my GT3 in July. I'm sure they're giving you time and space to make your decision :thumb:

You are indeed correct and that's one of the aspects that has been so refreshing dealing with them, no pressure and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Welcome and good luck with your search :thumb:

Just out of interest and for a bit of discussion can I ask why a 996 Mk I and not a Mk II or a 997. Budget is always a factor but I think some 996 GT3 are similar in price to 997 GT3s. So very specific and possibly limiting. Does it mean if you don't find a Mk I you will wait for one or are there other options.

So is it for road and track or to keep and polish with a yearly 'money's worth' drive out?

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back