Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steve Wong Chip - Ron Options

Stimpy

Looking into the SW chips as they seem to have the best reputation. He offers them in different fuel RON options; American 91 Euro95 and other 98Ron.

Obviously we can get 99 here so the 98 option would suit but then when on the continent or if we can't get super we'd be back to 95. Just wondering how that would run or if anyone has any experience of it?. Presume it would just be a detune till we got 99 back in...

Cheers..

The silence is deafening lads! :floor:

Anyway, just for reference most folks get the 98 RON unit which is what i've ordered.

Apparently when on 95 it's just missing the edge, but on a 95 chip you'd never benefit using 98 or above.

i put the 98 Ron version in my 964. I always planned to use octane booster if ever forced to use 95 RON fuel. was a great addition to the car.

Are you buying from the US or is there a UK source? Id also be interested in how you get on fitting it. I read the instructions and looks a bit delicate.

Did anyone read total 911 the article on sharkwerks 964 talked about a new ecu from st systems called the delta s400 which gives a 35hp increase.

Stephenjk said:
Are you buying from the US or is there a UK source? Id also be interested in how you get on fitting it. I read the instructions and looks a bit delicate.

Did anyone read total 911 the article on sharkwerks 964 talked about a new ecu from st systems called the delta s400 which gives a 35hp increase.

I read that. Anything from or endorsed by SharkWerks is worth considering. They truly know their stuff.

I fitted my own Steve wong chip and it is a delicate process but, have lots of empathy for its construction and assembly and you'll be fine. Take your time!!

Jcx said:
Stephenjk said:

I read that. Anything from or endorsed by SharkWerks is worth considering. They truly know their stuff.

I fitted my own Steve wing chip and it is a delicate process but, have lots of empathy for its construction and assembly and you'll be fine. Take your time!!

Hmm, that other chip sounds interesting. We'd need to see back to back dyno comparisons to be sure.

And yes i'll be fitting my own chip and going easy. :thumb:

I think the Delta S400 is a little over £1600 and is a replacement ECU gents :eek:

Chris

deutschland-dobson said:
I think the Delta S400 is a little over £1600 and is a replacement ECU gents :eek:

Chris

Chris do you have any details of where you can get it? Would be interested to compare to Steve wong chip and confirm the cost.

Rather than buy a generic chip or change the ecu :eek: I would suggest a day spent with Wayne Schofield at Chipwizards. Nobody better with these cars.

I had an email exchange with Simon at SCS and it is a lot more than just ecu, it includes new injectors, MAP, air temp sensors, and changes to air intake, hence the price. He also confirmed sharkwerks had the full kit installed the one Chris posted the link for.

ras62 said:
Rather than buy a generic chip or change the ecu :eek: I would suggest a day spent with Wayne Schofield at Chipwizards. Nobody better with these cars.

^^+1

that's what we did too. Other benefits are that he found that full throttle wasn't being achieved so once this and general health check gave us the reassurance that all was ok, Wayne's remap gave us an extra 35hp/30ft.lb. from a stock engine apart from a gutted cat. very pleased and good value IMHO

:thumb:

snb993 said:
ras62 said:

^^+1

that's what we did too. Other benefits are that he found that full throttle wasn't being achieved so once this and general health check gave us the reassurance that all was ok, Wayne's remap gave us an extra 35hp/30ft.lb. from a stock engine apart from a gutted cat. very pleased and good value IMHO

:thumb:

How much was that work with wayne?

...sorry i have just been looking back through the big invoice (ouch!) and can't find the exact charge :frustrated: it was arranged through 9M when they did the gearbox change in 2015 to 6 speed from a 993 and a whole heap of other stuff hence i have a long invoice that is itemised in terms of tasks and labour hours but not subcontracted sums such as making up the special driveshaft spacers/speedo drive/remap - sorry

From memory it was around the £300-£500 but best to give him a call to be sure. i would be really surprised if it was anywhere near 4 figures

i did however find the note saying that it was an unusually big increase since the cable was out of adjustment (easy fix) and also the nylon cam that drives on the D pin was slipping and so not making contact with the microswitch

Hope this helps though 8)

PS the result of these works plus Bilsteins etc have transformed it :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back