Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 turbo cabriolet est/ 500 to 700k

Ah... The Castle - what a funny film!

Porsche 993

carkid said:
I think I'd prefer this and save about 500 grand-

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1995-porsche-993-carrera-2-coupe

This car is up for sale at Supercar Showroom (Worcestershire) for £69,995 it is an ex Japanese car (44,000 Kms) and was obtained by them earlier this year from a private seller who had the car up for sale at £45k. It was back in early January that I seriously considered this car but still had to sell my Mercedes first.

Re: Porsche 993

Allan E said:
carkid said:
I think I'd prefer this and save about 500 grand-

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1995-porsche-993-carrera-2-coupe

This car is up for sale at Supercar Showroom (Worcestershire) for £69,995 it is an ex Japanese car (44,000 Kms) and was obtained by them earlier this year from a private seller who had the car up for sale at £45k. It was back in early January that I seriously considered this car but still had to sell my Mercedes first.

whats wrong with the paintwork in those pics, looks flat?

I thought all Turbo's came with red rears and clear fronts - maybe spec'd with amber all-round :dont know:

Paint does look a bit flat - sand blasted maybe :lol:

ColinC said:
I thought all Turbo's came with red rears and clear fronts - maybe spec'd with amber all-round :dont know:

It wasn't really an official Turbo per se. It was basically a 993 Cabriolet with a 964 single Turbo engine of which only a handful were made.

Wikipedia's description as follows:

Turbo Cabriolet
After the 3.3 liter G-model Turbo convertible (1987–89), Porsche never officially offered an air-cooled Turbo convertible again. However, in 1995 a small number (believed to be 14[23]) 993 Turbo Cabriolets were sold before the introduction of the 993 Turbo coupé. They featured the 360 hp (DIN) single-turbo engine of the 964 Turbo 3.6, a 5-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive and the wing of the 964 Turbo 3.6. This cost a premium of DM 89,500 (or plus 62%) over the standard 993 Cabriolet's price.

C.

Everyday is a school day - strong money for a 'bitsa', even if it is from the factory.

ESTIMATE £500,000- £700,000

:floor: Brightened my day up. Looks wrong and the fact it is a 'limited' run doesn't add to its appeal. Neither does the Sultan of Brunei owning it :what:

ColinC said:
Paint does look a bit flat - sand blasted maybe :lol:

I think the photos have been enhanced to try and show the colour, the car when previously advertised looked nothing like that!

Over £500k and no engine tidy strip :dont know:

It's a bargain :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back