Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To Change or not to Change that is the question...

teaboy

I'm coming to the end of the Finance deal on my 2015 991 Carrera 4S GTS (white). I'm tempted to either:

a) Pay off the GTS and keep it
b) Change to a 911 Turbo Cabriolet (same year)

I haven't yet run the numbers but I suspect it'll cost me another £20k to do so.

What are people's thoughts?

GTS is a very nice car but if you have an itch and can afford to scratch it, then scratch away. Either way you'll have a great car!

Option A, and own the car

Stay with the GTS

Endex said:
GTS is a very nice car but if you have an itch and can afford to scratch it, then scratch away.

Agree on principle, but if it was me, would hold onto the GTS and wait to see what the 992 brings.

I would go with your gut.
Both are fantastic 911's either way, so changing back won't be impossible. It's only money after all!

Personally I like a change and to experience something new. Not always better but hey it's all about the journey, right :thumb:

If you are asking the question then clearly it's time to change. In my experience once the itch strikes nothing will make it go away again!

So many interesting cars, so little time... and life is short!

:D

Assuming your GTS is a coupe if so different cars. Seems that just thinking about it is enough to make it happen. You can always get another GTS later if you hanker after a NA.

B for me matey....

B for me....then you would be known as Turboteaboy!

Just sounds better than teaboy, then again, everything sounds better with a turbo in it! :thumb:

Keep the GTS

Take money / logic out of it... Imagine yourself driving both. Which gives the bigger grin? Do that.

It sounds as if both are viable for you, and therefore logic will just muddy the water.

You'll gain atomic power but you'll lose the sweet sound of the NA exhaust note. Is the GTS a Convertible?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back