Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R Light upgrades ?

Joff Gas

Dear All ,

I've had my the car 3 weeks and the poor light are bugging me a bit , I think they make the the car look a bit dated if u get me .
The DRLs look a bit dull the lower front fogs have the yellow tinge and the main lights look a bit dated .

What are my options regarding bulb upgrades ??I'd like Them
To look as tasteful as possible and not too Halfords !!

Thanks Guys

Yellow lower fogs an easy fix with LED bulb replacements.

Re main bulbs, I assume you don't have Xenons? HID upgrades are available. Think you may also be able to do LED replacements for main bulbs now, too.

I read this twice and concluded he was after complete assemblies. Did the R not come with HIDs as standard then?

Hi , thanks for the replies.

I'm just wanting to upgrade the bulbs to emit a fresher brighter light.

I think the DRLs could do with bit brighter and the main halogen light and lower fogs look poor I think .

I wondered if anyone had upgraded there's and could recommend any specific bulbs, will have to some research on the net .

Thanks

How old is your car, it has LED DRLs does it?! Not sure how LEDs could go dull. Do you mean the the side and fog lights down in the circular housing near the rad/cons intakes?!

I have a '07 987.1 Cayman S, was horrified by how crap the lighting was. My car didn't have the Litronics though. Does yours?! You know if it does as it will have washer jets in the bumpers.

I put a 'HIDs 4 U' kit into to replace the main beams, difference was night and day. Then put Osram nightbreakers in for the full beams.

I did also swap out the sidelights in the fog assemblies to match the colour to the HIDs and lose the hideous mini look.

But this is all pie in the sky until I know exactly what you have in your car at the moment.

In short, if you want to upgrade the bulbs, you have plenty of options.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back