Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What does your Porsche say about you?

Endex said:
Just put talc in your hair like Alex and I and they won't think you're young a flash, they'll just think you're wise and have spent years considering the best fiscal approach to car ownership! :eek:

With bad dandruff!

MisterCorn said:
My uncle told me many years ago to drive a good car and wear a nice watch. People want to do business with succesful people.

MC

My uncle said something very similar to that, to me. I took it to heart. It was one of his more useful pieces of advice.

I was less keen on the 'open wide' and 'don't shut your eyes' advice but thIs is all in the past now.

Sad to say, but I think in terms of perception from clients, nice cars have a negative impact. I reckon a modern middle of the road car sets the right balance. A mate of mine, worked his knackers off in the family business from the moment he left school. He got a left hook 993 C2s aged 21 and has kept himself in premium motors ever since. He keeps his cars hidden away from his customers, always had always will. Either turning up in a van or a run-around.

Funny how as mentioned earlier, you can be driving around in a Porsche for 3-4k yet the uninitiated just see the badge. Comes down to car people vs non-car people doesn't it.

Anyways, for the OP, glad he has decided to get into some Pork. Maybe some tactical usage/parking might be worthy of consideration.

As for love from the general public, I barely ever get waves from other Porsche drivers, whereas in the R32 you would get lots. Strangely though, way more randomers have complemented me on the car than I got in the R32, especially at Petrol stations. Guess non-car people can spot a sports car more easily than a V6 Golf.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back