Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got me thinking first test drive

To balance things out a bit I chose a boxster over a 911. I had no bias other than I just wanted the car that would give me the most fun. My basic requirement was a weekend car convertible.

The boxster GTS won hands down compared to the 911 both in terms of fun to drive and the noise it made (which is a major part of the experience for me).

There where some major factors I did not need to consider though which may be relevant to me :

- I did not need 4 seats (even if 2 are only suitable for occasional use)
- The 911 thing has zero significance to me (been there done that with most supercar badges on the drive)

I can perfectly understand people wanting to aspire to a 911 and I would encourage anyone to tick that box. But the statement "its not a 911" just makes me chuckle. For some the 911 will be a better drivers car, for others its a cayman, they are different and to me for example the 981 GTS spec is a peach and no none GT water cooled 911 sounds as good / is as addictive to drive on everyday roads :thumb:

jonttt said:
To balance things out a bit I chose a boxster over a 911. I had no bias other than I just wanted the car that would give me the most fun. My basic requirement was a weekend car convertible.

The boxster GTS won hands down compared to the 911 both in terms of fun to drive and the noise it made (which is a major part of the experience for me).

There where some major factors I did not need to consider though which may be relevant to me :

- I did not need 4 seats (even if 2 are only suitable for occasional use)
- The 911 thing has zero significance to me (been there done that with most supercar badges on the drive)

I can perfectly understand people wanting to aspire to a 911 and I would encourage anyone to tick that box. But the statement "its not a 911" just makes me chuckle. For some the 911 will be a better drivers car, for others its a cayman, they are different and to me for example the 981 GTS spec is a peach and no none GT water cooled 911 sounds as good / is as addictive to drive on everyday roads :thumb:

But you have a 911 as well! :grin:

T8 said:
The phrase "The Cayman is a great car but it's not a 911" carries a lot less sway nowadays.

The 911 is a great car but it's not a Cayman.

I honestly can't see why you would choose a 911 over a Cayman apart from the extra rear seats.

I will probably get shot by 911 forum members for these comments but here goes :)

A few friends have asked why im spending all this cash on a 911 my reply was "well most people think im a ***** so the 911 confirms it" tongue in cheek

Well why do i want one, it is without doubt an aspiration and has been for many years.

In my opinion there is no other car that offers that classic shape and proven pedigree, is there a more recognized silhouette i dont think so

I want a car that makes me feel like i have achieved something and says ive done well for myself

Having driven competitive front wheel drive tarmac rally cars for 20 years i want to get behind the wheel of a car that challenges me

Hearing the Cayman S start up i was sooooo excited i cant wait to get in my 911 with PSE

Hopefully the car is sorted just waiting to get the deal signed

:thumb:

Sounds like your sorted Kev, But I thought it was Audi drivers who were ####s
I have always considered myself to be far worse than that , which is why I got a 911 :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
I have always considered myself to be far worse than that , which is why I got a 911 :floor: :floor:

Embrace it thats what i say, haters gonna hate :grin:

Kev M said:
Phil 997 said:

Embrace it thats what i say, haters gonna hate :grin:

generally its not hate mate its jealousy, that good old British trait of disliking people being successful and making enough money to have nice things.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back