Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track day noise reduction suggestions?

Judder

Silverstone
So I fitted Dansk boxes to my 996 #1 as the original boxes where in a pretty sad state and the sound from them is great

I recently attended a 102dba track event and was told that I was very on the border of being too loud for the event

Anyone got any good suggestions as a suitable means to deaden the noise or can share what they do with theirs to help?

Many thanks in advance!

Decibel devils are an option.

I had the same problem and had something similar to a decibel devil made up by http://www.pipewerx.com/.

They fit inside the tailpipes as oppose to bolting on, they dropped my static db level by 2 - 3 db

I have also installed an under drive pulley, this reduces engine noise which can contribute to a db reading given the engines position in a 911.

Google 'DB killer' and see if you can get something that fits inside your tailpipes.

I have one for my RSVR1000 motorbike and it definitely makes the race pipe quieter.

Thanks for the options - much appreciated :thumb:

I've dropped Pipeworx an email to see what they can do and I'm trying to see what standard ones might fit, however as the 996 exhausts are quite curved I'm not sure if the bike style ones would easily fit :?:

Attachments

• k_96330s_01_113.jpg
    k_96330s_01_113.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,193
I went around and around on this, there is very little information out there.

I was prepared to change my rear silencers, however upon contacting all of the usual suspects, Dansk, Top Gear, Milltek etc nobody could give me db levels for there systems.

Haywood & Scott were the most helpful by some margin and were prepared to custom build a pair of boxes to a pre-defined db level, cost was circa £1k

As a last throw of the dice I sketched up what I wanted and mailed over to pipeworx, cost was circa £60 and to date they have been ok, no issues with static at Brands, Combe or Bedford, although drive by at Bedford was an issue, but the limit there is very low (87.5db)

Good luck!

Thanks again crash7 et all

I'm looking at using two of these as a temporary backup just in case I have troubles as I'm meant to be at Goodwood this Satuday

Off the top of anyone's head do you know what diameter the bore, and ideally length is of the 996 exhaust?

Thanks again

Attachments

• exhaustmufflers_727.jpg
    exhaustmufflers_727.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2,116
crash7 said:
no issues with static at Brands, Combe or Bedford, although drive by at Bedford was an issue, but the limit there is very low (87.5db

Let me know when you are next at Bedford, I am only 3 miles away.

Could have met there instead of at Heathrow!

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back