Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chain tensioner & Hydraulic lifter (tappet) replacement

thecarfixer said:
Air flow meter. What's it like stone cold when not running in closed loop?

Also, what are your fuel trims like?

Stone cold (OL) appears fine.
I had a spare brand new AFM, so fitted this today. Fault remains. I then plugged in the code reader. No fault codes stored; however it did state the following at idle warm in the live data "Fuel sys2---OL fault". Most parts on the car are new, for instance, I only replaced the lambda sensors around 4 months ago.
Only other point to note at idle engine warm: STFT B1=25% the rest (LTFT B1, STFT B2 & LTFT B2) were 0.00%

ooid said:
ELA said:

Did you check the power steering pump? (and pulley) :?:

PAS pump and pulley went in the bin some time back :thumb:

I'm also not putting much trust in my diagnostics reader it was one of the cheaper one for £30 or so. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable system that works well with the early 996?

I have a copy of Durametric for Windows XP OS (from car diag online) and it seems to work quite well. Not all the features enable but most things for engine diagnostics do inc cam deviation, lambda response etc

I wonder if you are not getting proper timing advance. Is the engine smooth but just lacking grunt?

ELA said:
thecarfixer said:
Air flow meter. What's it like stone cold when not running in closed loop?

Also, what are your fuel trims like?

I had a spare brand new AFM, so fitted this today. Fault remains. I then plugged in the code reader. No fault codes stored; however it did state the following at idle warm in the live data "Fuel sys2---OL fault". Most parts on the car are new, for instance, I only replaced the lambda sensors around 4 months ago.
Only other point to note at idle engine warm: STFT B1=25% the rest (LTFT B1, STFT B2 & LTFT B2) were 0.00%

That short term on bank one seems wrong..

In terms of Diags I have a KTS550 with PIWIS II. Probably a bit of a journey for you though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back